Author Topic: **** High-Risk Flaws Flagged in IE, Mozilla ****  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
**** High-Risk Flaws Flagged in IE, Mozilla ****
« on: January 10, 2005, 07:11:36 PM »
Security researchers have raised the alarm for a series of unrelated, high-risk vulnerabilities in Microsoft's Internet Explorer and the open-source Mozilla browsers. Temporary workarounds are available. Find out how you can protect yourself.

(Secunia rates the IE flaws as "extremely critical" and recommends that users opt for an alternative browser until Microsoft releases a comprehensive patch. On the other hand, the Mozilla Foundation has already rolled out new versions to patch its holes.)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: **** High-Risk Flaws Flagged in IE, Mozilla ****
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 10:22:05 AM »
Alll these security flaws/problems are too daunting.  I read the article and it seems only thing you can do is disable that thing in security settings - which I did.

..... the Mozilla Foundation has already rolled out new versions to patch its holes.)

Went to Mozilla site but couldn't find these patches.  Doesn't matter much though, 'cause Mozilla just doesn't seem to work right on my system.  Not only that, but when I tried to make it the default browser to force everyone in the house to use it, it took over all my graphics files and I was never able to fix the problem.  Now my jpegs won't open in Paint anymore - only in a program I have called Irfanview which I don't particularly like - in fact I don't like it at all.

I read at the Mozilla site that their browser has problems running on a system with ATI drivers so that may be the problem 'cause my graphics cards are ATI.

Anyway, all this stuff is too complicated and I'm nervous because I've been having a lot of strange system problems/browser problems and I'm wondering if any of these "high-risk" threats have gotten into my system somehow.  Ran a couple of spyware programs and a virus scanner and keep coming up with nothing.

At the moment I'm using Netscape and it SEEMS to be running okay.  But aren't Mozilla and Netscape pretty much the same thing?

-Confused, worried, fed up in NJ
      ???           :'(            >:(
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: **** High-Risk Flaws Flagged in IE, Mozilla ****
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 04:27:09 PM »
I read at the Mozilla site that their browser has problems running on a system with ATI drivers so that may be the problem 'cause my graphics cards are ATI.

That's interesting - I have ATI graphics cards in two different computers and I've never had a problem with Mozilla on either.  [hdscrt]  However, I've never run a Windows version later than Win98, so perhaps that has something to do with it...