Author Topic: ** Upgrade Update **  (Read 890 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
** Upgrade Update **
« on: June 17, 2004, 06:12:49 PM »
Observant members may have noticed that the forum's system has been upgraded from Beta 5 to Beta 6. While there have been many changes, most are internal and won't be noticable to the average user. However, several things that might be noticable:

• When previewing a post with attachments, you are now warned you will have to reattach them.
  • You can now use your e-mail address to login instead of just your username. (Though why anyone would want to have to type in something that's most likely longer than their username, I have no idea.  :- )
  • If you are banned from posting you will get a notice on each page telling you so, with the reason why.
  • Several search optimizations.
  • When you preview a new post - if there's no subject, it should use "(No subject)".
  • You can now preview poll editing
  • Current forum time in profile now shows with your format. (If you've changed it from the forum's default.)
  • The system will now warn you of new replies to posts while you're posting (presumably so that you won't repeat information that's already been posted since you began composing a reply). I'm not quite sure how the warning will come up, though. I suppose we'll find out once it happens to someone.  ;)