Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0378  (Read 1172 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0378
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:32:41 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0378
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 08:59:48 AM »
I've said it before, and I'll said it again: Ben's not very bright.  One minute he's wondering how he can warn Barnabas, the next minute he's trying to figure out for Angelique how she can keep Jeremiah from leaving, and a couple of minutes after that he's laughing in delight because she's turned Joshua into a cat.

One of the things that gets to me about the 1795 storyline is that it's the good-heartedness of people that brings them down. If Angelique's original plan had worked out - if Jeremiah had gone to Barnabas when Josette first came on to him, and if Barnabas had played the outraged lover and if Josette had been sent home to Martinique in disgrace - well, then, Josette would not have taken the dive off of Widows Hill, various people would not have died in various fashions, and Barnabas would not have become a vampire.  But Jeremiah gave Josette a second chance.  So Angelique made Jeremiah fall in love with Josette.  Jeremiah resisted.  And so on.  At every stage of the game, the Collinses and the Dupres tried to keep things on track.  And Angelique never looked at them and said, "These are good people.  Maybe I should leave them alone."  She kept going on, and on, and on, and so the well-intentioned actions of various people kept getting them further into the soup.  1795 is a grim business.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »
The Robservations screen captures for this episode have finally been added...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 01:50:20 PM »
I think you are right when you said that the people are to good. At least we can say that of Naomi, Sarah, Barnabas, Jerremiah, and Natalie. I won't say much about Joshua, Abigail, and Vickie.  Vickie is just not acting smart.

Ben I think is  mixed in his feeling about the Collins family. Barnabas and Jerremiah treats him will but Joshua doesn't.  To bad he doesn't know how he can devide how he feels about the family and do things appropriately.  Joshua did treat him badly, but Joshua did that to everyone.   I  think it was great how they trained the cat.  To walk across the set on time and sit down on the chair espeicially when they were doing the show live to tape.

Angelique must have a kelm in her room somewhere.  The figurene of the cat was nicely dried and glazed.  Just think how we didn't really look at this as a kid.

I don't know how people can like Angelique sometimes, here she is just plain EVIL >:D I want to say why doesn't people think that  Angelique is the one causing all the problems.  But then she was the servent  of Josette and Natalie.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 11:16:34 AM »
That sure was a scary screeching cat sound when Joshua was turned into a cat! [shkdg] It also was grating on me, like running your fingernails across a chalkboard! [8311]

Ben protested about everything that Angelique was doing - until she changed Joshua into a cat!  [Wolfie] Ben was delighted to watch that - and I don't blame him, since Joshua was treating him so poorly! [winkg]

Jeremiah was trying to do the best thing he could think of doing by leaving, but Angelique thwarted that!  [pyth] I agree, that Angelique had to keep working her magic, because her spells weren't working out the way she wanted them to! The witch bitch strikes again! [witch]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 04:37:27 AM »
When Ben is working outside, there are birds singing up a storm. Hello, it's supposed to be winter, yet you'd think it was the middle of summer.

Ben should have stayed quiet about Jeremiah to Angelique. Perhaps then Jeremiah could have gone through with leaving.

Why isn't Barnabas more puzzled by Josette's fervent desire for Jeremiah to stay? It's not like she was very fond of him in the first place. Then just as quickly she changes her mind. If I was Barnabas I would be confused by Josette's behavior.

When Josette and Jeremiah are under the spell, I wonder why when they're returned to their normal state, why they don't tell someone what's going on.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 06:14:31 AM »
When Josette and Jeremiah are under the spell, I wonder why when they're returned to their normal state, why they don't tell someone what's going on.
Whom would they tell?  And what would they say?  Love is often said to be indistinguishable from insanity, but this is ridiculous!

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 06:02:12 AM »
I love how Angelique shudders a bit and says "Eww" when Ben suggests turning Joshua into a snake.  It's so bizarrely out-of-character for someone as deep into the macabre and the occult as Angelique is, but that's just what makes it a nice, almost humanizing touch.  I wonder if that was in the script or whether Lara Parker just improvised it.  Either way, it's a fun, memorable little moment in the series.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »
leviathan foreshadowing....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor