Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0564  (Read 797 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0564
« on: June 12, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0564
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:05:46 AM »
Today we saw the gravestone that proves that Tom and Chris Jennings were not twins, since it showed Tom as being 24 years old when he died, and Chris later mentioned having become a werewolf when he was 21 years old, seven years ago.  Or maybe it was six, but I think it was seven.  Anyway, that makes Chris a few years older than 24.  Thinking about this today, I wondered if Jewish werewolves experience their first transformation during the first full moon after their bar mitzvah.  "Today I am a man....tonight I am a wolf."  But that's off-topic.

Once again I wonder: why did Barnabas insist on doing the most incriminating stuff right by the basement stairs so it would be the first thing anybody would see when they came downstairs?  Julia had a room in the basement for her lab, and, although Maggie's (later Adam's) cell was quite small, we know there was the maze that Maggie wandered through when she escaped from Barnabas last year.  It seems foolish to ask this question when apparently the only possible answer is that it was convenient for the writers to do it this way - but somewhere, somehow I'll find a good answer, and it won't make Barnabas look like a complete fool, either.  Just you wait and see - but don't hold your breath.

Oh, gosh.  It was like watching the three Stooges (never liked them, but that's beside the point) to watch Barnabas, Julia, and Willie go to the cemetery to stake Tom.  Standing there wondering "How do we get rid of Joe?" until Julia says "I'll do it" - thinking, no doubt, "Never send a boy to do a man's job."  And then we've got Barnabas and Willie standing around whispering, "What's she doing?" and the shovel ringing out loud and clear as it knocked against a stone.  I just sat there giggling.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:30:38 AM »
Today we saw the gravestone that proves that Tom and Chris Jennings were not twins, since it showed Tom as being 24 years old when he died, and Chris later mentioned having become a werewolf when he was 21 years old, seven years ago.  Or maybe it was six, but I think it was seven.  Anyway, that makes Chris a few years older than 24.
I just checked, Lydia. In Episode #676, Chris told Barnabas that it was 7 years ago, when he was 21; so that would make him 28, 4 years older than Tom. Gosh, I never noticed that! I always thought Tom and Chris were twins! I wonder if this was a blooper, and they put the wrong year on Tom's headstone. [ghost_huh]

Oh, gosh.  It was like watching the three Stooges (never liked them, but that's beside the point) to watch Barnabas, Julia, and Willie go to the cemetery to stake Tom.
GMTA! I thought the same thing, Lydia! [ghost_wink] I found it quite amusing, also.

I felt sorry for Joe. [ghost_sad] Once again, a stellar performance by JC - it's nice to see him finally being able to play Joe in a way that can really make him shine and not just be "goody-goody Joe". [ghost_smiley]

I still find it strange that Julia and Barnabas couldn't figure out that Angelique was the vampire.  [ghost_undecided]

Poor Willie, he was so skittish about that body! Actually, to a lesser degree, Barnabas was, too. [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:47:10 AM »
Where would our boys be without Julia. She always comes in and saves the day.

Also if they were going to the grave yard after dark. Tom would have been gone already.  But then I guess they couldn't have gone during the day.

Julia should have guessed what was going on. Why was she in the basement alone. There was 2 vampires running around now, I wonder what they would do with 3?

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate