Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1224  (Read 769 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1224
« on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:11 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1224
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:29:52 AM »
What is James Forsythe hoping to accomplish?  I suppose he'll bury his sister's remains in sacred ground, but what sort of vengeance can he carry out against Brutus?

We got another great scene between Catherine and Julia.  Did Grayson Hall drool when she first read it?  Because golly she sure ate it up.  What Julia said made me want to go back and watch the scene between Bramwell and Catherine again, but I don't do that.  And then we got Daphne losing patience with Bramwell - with a beautiful performance by Kate Jackson.  No tears, but you could hear in her voice how very close the tears were to the surface.

If Bramwell weren't married to Daphne, would Catherine give in to temptation and run away with Bramwell now that it looks as though Morgan is lost forever?  Or would she hang onto the Collinwood inheritance, passing Bramwell's child off as Morgan's now that Morgan's not around to give her the lie?

And would Bramwell consent to go away with Daphne if Catherine weren't pregnant with Bramwell's child?

And finally, a totally impossible what-if: if Bramwell came clean with Daphne and told her that Catherine was pregnant with his child, how would Daphne respond?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
Maybe James was hoping to exorcise Brutus somehow--possibly Brutus has some kind of hold on him even beyond the grave, and James wants to be free.

My favorite line in the Julia-Catherine scene: Here are the smelling salts--_IF_ you still need them.

Wonderful work by Kate Jackson in Daphne's scenes with Bramwell. How brave Daphne is, and how utterly honest!

I think Catherine would stay at Collinwood. She must be devoured with guilt. Not only is she carrying the child of her husband's hated rival but her husband is possessed after taking her place in the Locked Room.

I think Bramwell would stay at Collinwood if Catherine does, even if Catherine weren't pregnant. He's just that obsessed.

If Bramwell fessed up to Daphne, I think she would be utterly crushed. She's already told Bramwell that she wants to give him a son. Bramwell might have slept with her for form's sake last night--it was their wedding night, after all, as well as the night that Morgan spent in the Locked Room. But I'm sure it will never happen again.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 02:25:22 AM »
Kate Jackson was good.  Daphne seems wise beyond her years.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor