Author Topic: SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3614 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 23, 2005, 04:22:01 PM »
We are buried here in Boston and i'm so thrilled that i don't have to work today (have been on all the last major
snow storms!) i always thoght it funny that  it never snowed in Collinsport which i believe was in the heart of MAINE!
they wore winter coats but you never saw vicki or carolyn in LL Bean attire guess the cold never bothered
Barnabas LOL! i plan to watch a few DS DVDS in between a few million loads on landry before the Pats game!
hope we don't lose the power as i hear batteries are sold out a lot of places! Bring on Spring training PLEASE!

take care everyone and stay safe!

jennifer 8) 8) 8)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 10:26:22 PM »
Hey Jennifer, hope you guys are OK out there!  My landlady's son did the sidewalk with his snowblower so all we had to do was dig out my roommate's car which only took about an hour on Sun.

I haven't gotten hold of any of the DS DVD's.  I may get the set with Julia's vamping by Tom on it just to try out the format.  I really need to replace all of my Cassandra tapes--a couple of those have not worn well, probably because I play them more frequently than most of the others.

I love watching Patsy Stone on "Ab Fab."  As a small child my Mom's best friend was named Patsy, so I always smile when I see all the signs around town that say "Go Pats!"

here I am in a world of my own,

G.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 11:23:04 PM »
I haven't gotten hold of any of the DS DVD's. I may get the set with Julia's vamping by Tom on it just to try out the format. I really need to replace all of my Cassandra tapes--a couple of those have not worn well, probably because I play them more frequently than most of the others.

DVD set #9, Steve - it's a MUST-HAVE {squeal}!!

I love watching Patsy Stone on "Ab Fab." As a small child my Mom's best friend was named Patsy, so I always smile when I see all the signs around town that say "Go Pats!"

Holy s****, my sister and I LOVE that show...oh...   ;D

We're digging out fine in W. PA, but now half the people I know are sick, so it all evens out in the end, ya know?  ::)

Hugs,

Feverish minx   [homework]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 11:28:37 PM »
Pats in that photo looks like Laura Collins in her 2005 return to Callanwood: "Eat THIS, Barnabas!"

Heather, you and your sister have SUCH good taste--have I mentioned that before??? Yup, I think set 9 of those DVDs has my name on it.

xo, G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 08:50:44 PM »
The only reason this topic was moved from CE/A '05 to Current Talk, unlocked and uncensored (you might recall that on CE/A '05 the system had transformed its title to "**subject-I-shouldn't-be-posting-about**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?  [wink2]) was because jennifer wrote us to say that she'd mistakenly posted it on CE/A '05 and what she'd really wanted to talk about was the strange lack of snow in Collinsport (and not this past weekend's storm). Current Talk is the board to discuss "DS storyline related topics or those directly related to the show itself" after all.  ;)  Unfortunately, though, discussion went in directions that seemed to be about everthing but the lack of snow in Collinsport, or even about DS itself, and that required some posts to be completely removed and others to be trimmed.

Any discussion about the strange lack of snow in Collinsport will be more than welcomed. However, further off topic discussion will more than likely result in those posts being removed...

Midnite, MB & dom

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 09:32:04 PM »
Never mind the lack of snow.....where the heck was the RAIN?

Yes, Collinsport is in Maine and it snows in Maine.....but there was never really much said or done to indicate what season it was.....so the lack of snow could be forgiven.

But there were thunder and lightning storms galore.....where were the sheets of torential rain?

Where I live we get thunder and lightning storms all Summer long......and it's VERY odd to have them without tons of rain.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 09:55:15 PM »
Never mind the lack of snow.....where the heck was the RAIN?

I've posted about this before, but I was honestly surprised to see that in Chris Jennings' first episode (#627) Don Briscoe had wet his hair to indicate the rain. Thankfully, though, someone must have taken him aside afterward and told him not to bother doing that again because I'm pretty sure he never did.

Where I live we get thunder and lightning storms all Summer long......and it's VERY odd to have them without tons of rain.

Same here. In fact, I have friends who live at the bottom of some of the city's high hills and the sump pumps in their cellars can often keep working for days and days after a storm. But apparently in Collinsport most if not all the rain drops evaporate before they ever hit the ground. And the same must be true of the snow flakes.  [b003]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 10:13:23 PM »
If Chris Jennings hair had not been mentioned (by MB) I would have said that one time I saw rain on Quentin's

[spoiler](as Grant Douglas?)[/spoiler]

trench coat. I know that somebody came through the front doors of Collinwood and had water (rain) dripping off the back of their coat. It was so odd to see an actual sign of rain that I had to do a double take. Perhaps it was Chris instead.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 10:48:52 PM »
I would have said that one time I saw rain on Quentin's

[spoiler](as Grant Douglas?)[/spoiler]

trench coat. ... Perhaps it was Chris instead.

The scene with the trench coat was definitely Quentin. I don't remember if it was wet, but...

but there was never really much said or done to indicate what season it was

...that was the episode in which David actually mentioned wanting to go Christmas shopping! Probably the one and only time Christmas was ever mentioned on the show.  ;)

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 12:25:20 AM »

I seem to recall Adam dripping wet with rain in one episode, but I can't recall which one.  I might be mistaken though as I haven't watched those eps in awhile.

-  Penny Dreadful  -
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 01:38:50 AM »
     Barnabas always wore his coat even when the ladies were in short sleeves.  I live in Maine and we have had sub-zero temperatures.  My 1920 house is drafty and cold as the radiators are steaming away.  I can only imagine how a cold, uninsulated mansion on a hill next to the ocean would feel.  The ladies should all be wearing turtlenecks and wool sweaters in the house.  I know oil was cheaper back then but I bet Collinwoods fuel bill would be enormous not to mention the fire wood.  I wonder who split the wood, brought it into the house, and kept the fires fed.  Mrs. Johnson?  Tough old bird, isn't she. 
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 03:42:42 AM »
Julia's rain coat was spotted with rain once at the Old House.  She came in and stood by the fireplace for awhile talking to Barnabas.  When she left to go back out, the coat still had the same drops of rain on it.

I think that I heard over this past weekend that Bangor had temps of 34 below zero! 
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 09:31:36 AM »
Now you guys got me wondering. Was there always a fire burning in the fireplace in the drawing room?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 12:30:53 PM »
I have no idea if there was ALWAYS a fire burning in that fireplace.....

But I'll bet that all of us always REMEMBER it that way..... ;)

One thing I don't remember, regarding Collinsport weather: I don't remember anyone EVER walking through the house, mopping their brow or fanning themself, and complaining of the relentless hot weather.  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 07:47:09 AM »
One thing I liked about Mark Rainey's "Labyrinth of Souls" online DS novel was his realistic depiction of the snow at Collinwood.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995