Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0057  (Read 1835 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0057
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0057
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »
Why did Burke suddenly get it into his head that Bill Malloy must still be alive?   Just so even he would be shocked when the news of his body being found came out?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:33:57 PM »
Maggie wears a different waitress cap, even though it's the same day.

The whole business of Burke's shocked reaction does seem contrived.

The sheriff gets interested in tidal charts.

Now Vicki suspects that Roger knows something about her past and doesn't want to tell her. Really, Vicki, it isn't ALL about you!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:35:02 PM »
Maggie’s kind of sassy to the sheriff, there. Heh.

I wonder what Burke was doing in the Blue Whale so long after Bill left him? I mean, what is there to do there besides getting bombed?

So Vicky thinks the reason Roger doesn’t want her to see Sam is because Sam might know something about her past. Man, she’s desperate, isn’t she? Grasping at straws, maybe? Jeez.

Oh, great. Now I’m in the mood for a lobster roll.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:42:34 PM »
Well, Vicki is so desperate to find something out about her past, she'll cling to any possible scenerio, no matter how desperate it is or unlikely it seems.

I find it hard to believe that Burke would be so shocked about Bill's death myself. Especially since he was all but accusing Roger of having something to do with Malloy's disappearance a few episodes ago.

I got the feeling Burke was just dying to name Sam as a possible suspect to what happened to Bill in front of Maggie, but restrained himself. [spoiler] So he has the decency to wait until she throws a dinner party between her, her father and Vicki to barge in, invite himself in, to make all kinds of accusations. [/spoiler] Don't know whether to admire his nerve or slap him one.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 03:23:53 AM »
VIckie shares the sad story of her lonely past with Maggie.  I'm surprised Maggie hasn't gotten the story from some other person or gotten it out of  Vickie herself as  Vickie's been in town six days now.  I'm actually surprised that Vickie didn't tell her the first time they met.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 06:55:11 AM »
Oh, great. Now I’m in the mood for a lobster roll.

Heh!  I could go for some clam chowder.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 07:03:49 AM »
The whole business of Burke's shocked reaction does seem contrived.
Yup, they're sure getting mileage out of announcing Bill Malloy's death.  I fully expect that in tomorrow's episode Mr. Wells will come back from a couple of days of carousing in the big city (that's Bangor), and have to be told the sad news.

The menu in the coffeeshop intrigued me.  What I could see was a list of sandwiches - cheeseburger, ham & cheese, and I can't remember what else - and in the middle of the sandwiches was "COKE", suggesting to me that you could get a cocaine sandwich at the coffeeshop if you wanted.  Oh, well, it might have been better than a day-old lobster roll and two-week-old clam chowder.

Burke's all set to canonize Bill Malloy.  Very silly.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 06:25:37 PM »
Am I right in thinking that the last time Vicki's mysterious past was EVER mentioned was that scene with Jason Maguire at the end of his storyline?

Sometimes the Dark Shadows plotlines just withered away in a rather odd manner.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 07:59:16 PM »
and in the middle of the sandwiches was "COKE", suggesting to me that you could get a cocaine sandwich at the coffeeshop if you wanted.

I wouldn't be surprised about anything that might be served after hearing that -

Oh, well, it might have been better than a day-old lobster roll and two-week-old clam chowder.

- the chowder was two weeks old, which was bad enough, but that the lobster roll was from "last year."  [ghost_shocked]  I thought I was hearing things when I heard that the first time I saw the ep back in '95 when I'd recorded this ep from the Sci_Fi Channel. But rewinding and listening again told me I hadn't. And I sure hope that both were frozen until they were needed and that they didn't just sit in the refrigerator for all that time!!  [ghost_nowink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 09:00:40 PM »
The menu in the coffeeshop intrigued me.  What I could see was a list of sandwiches - cheeseburger, ham & cheese, and I can't remember what else - and in the middle of the sandwiches was "COKE", suggesting to me that you could get a cocaine sandwich at the coffeeshop if you wanted.

I just noticed the "Coke" in a screen capture a few minutes ago.   I tried to make a joke about Maggie taking a payoff for product placement, but couldn't think of one.   To someone from the South, "Coke" isn't a brand name, but this is very North...

You just made me picture Wells stumbling into the diner with a lampshade on his head, and no pants.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 04:01:17 AM »
Wasn't Maggie joking about the food?

Burke's all set to canonize Bill Malloy.  Very silly.

I thought that was touching.  But agree that his shock over the news was weird.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 04:38:39 AM »
Wasn't Maggie joking about the food?

It would certainly be nice to think so - but I'm not so sure. If they were frozen, which would have been about the only way the coffee shop could have gotten away with it, she could have easily been telling the truth.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 04:53:42 AM »
 [ghost_grin]