Author Topic: The new "new" tags  (Read 906 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The new "new" tags
« on: June 18, 2003, 07:42:27 AM »
I just made a discovery about another new feature.  Lately I've been noticing some posts that have a red (or orange) word NEW after them.  I had been wondering how that was attached and how long would it remain, since something wouldn't always be new.

While wondering about it a few minutes ago, it suddenly occurred to me that perhaps it appeared automatically to mark not only a thread with new items, but the actual new items within the thread.

So, I went back to the one I had just read, and sure enough - the NEW was gone!!  That's a fantastic feature to have.
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:The new "new" tags
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 08:07:34 AM »
I love that feature.  Saves me loads of time.

FYI, if you click on a page in a topic in which there are no unread posts, "new" will disappear when you switch pages within the same topic.  In other words, if there's a post you haven't read on p. 2 of a topic, opening p. 1 of the same topic first will result in the tag not being there when you get around to opening p. 2.  So for topics that have multiple pages, I'll sometimes back up to the board's main page instead of using the up/down buttons so that I can access the last page of a topic directly.

If that explananation was fuzzy, you can blame the glass of merlot. ::)