Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0262  (Read 846 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0262
« on: March 27, 2007, 05:04:00 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0262
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:30:42 PM »
Vicky's hair looked weird today.  It kept distracting me.

Oh, golly, don't Liz and Vicky know anything about getting somebody to ditch a boyfriend?  They should have been falling all over themselves telling Carolyn how nice Buzz is, and how happy they are that Carolyn is happy.  And inviting Buzz to dinner.  ("Don't worry about dressing for dinner.  You look stunning just the way you are!")  And asking him about his motorcycle.  ("It gets how many miles to the gallon?  I'll have to buy one for Mrs. Johnson to do the shopping in town!")  And asking if his mother has picked out a dress to wear to the wedding yet.  ("I'm getting my Boston tailor to come up and make me a gown just for the occasion!")  And there Carolyn would be, asking herself, "Am I the only one here who thinks Buzz is a jerk?"

Meanwhile we have Anthony George's debut.  Sometimes you just have to wonder: what are the casting people thinking when they re-cast?  Is there any attempt at all to hire someone who has the same aura as the the previous actor?  Dr. Woodard #3 looked and acted nothing liked Dr. Woodard #2.  Vicky #2 looked and acted nothing like Vicky #1.  And while Burke #1 looked as though life had dealt him a few blows, Burke #2 is looking wet behind the ears.  I've got to believe that there were enough unemployed actors in New York so that they could have found somebody who looked more like Burke #1.  Maybe Dan Curtis told the casting director, "This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take Burke in a new direction!"  I don't know.

I liked the juxtaposition, down on the beach, of the murder (so to speak) of Maggie and Liz's murder of Paul.  It's one of the few times when the Jason plot and the Barnabas plot actually manage to make contact with each other.  Yes, I know that Carolyn was depressed enough by Maggie's death to cancel plans with Buzz - but that was a convenient excuse; another could easily have been found.  On the beach, Vicky was actually thinking about the two issues at the same time, and thoughts of one were affecting thoughts of the other.  Cool!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:42:59 PM »
Even if Elizabeth and Vicki had pretended to welcome Buzz with welcome arms and Carolyn winded up dumping Buzz, she would have just found someone just as "bad" as Buzz, maybe even worse, to irk her mother at this point.

I can't help but wondering if Carolyn still had some lingering feelings for Joe. [spoiler]When later on she learns that Maggie is still alive, she says she is happy for Joe and I believed her, but I can't help but feel a part of her may have been disappointed not to have a second chance with him.[/spoiler]

Buzz sure lost his cool with her today. Why she couldn't have just told him that a friend of hers died, he might have understood. Maybe she WAS hoping Buzz would dump her, I think he was close to it.

Even though I like Mitch Ryan as Burke better, I actually didn't mind Anthony George as Burke today. He was soft-spoken, kind, understanding, undemanding....[spoiler]qualities he could have used once he starts to get hot-headed over Vicki's fascination of the past and her friendship with Barnabas.[/spoiler]

Good episode.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:10:35 PM »
Maybe Dan Curtis told the casting director, "This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take Burke in a new direction!"  I don't know.

They had already begun to take Burke in a new direction after the whole hit-and-run incident was resolved, so taking Burke in an even more different direction by casting Anthony George could have easily been a deliberate choice. Plus, George was a known name primetime actor, the casting of which on daytime always brings a good deal of free publicity. And when didn't DC love anything that was free?  :D

Maybe she WAS hoping Buzz would dump her, I think he was close to it.

Well, considering this episode is the last time we ever see Buzz, something certainly happened offscreen after this point to end the relationship.  ;)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 08:10:08 PM »
If that was the last time we see Buzz, then something must have happened.

Vickie is still smart here and trying to get Liz and Carolyn to talk. Both of them are strong willed people.

Good show, It looks like Sam and Joe are  giving out the correct signs. I just wish that everyone didn't have to get so upset, I guess when they get the truth it will be a real joy.

This show really shows  the mother and daughter dynamic.

Anthony George looks like a better fit for Vickie
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 08:32:06 AM »
So, this episode had a last and a first - with Buzz and Burke.  [cheesyg]

It sure does seem like something happened between Carolyn and Buzz off-camera.  I'm sure if Carolyn had told Buzz about Maggie's "death" that he would have been more understanding.  [92c5]  This just goes to show that Carolyn didn't really want to marry (and even be with) Buzz - it was just her spoiled brat ploy to bug her mother.  [argue]

It was weird to see Anthony George as Burke.  He did seem more soft-spoken and understanding, though.  One thing I noticed that bugged me is that his eyes were deep-set - they were dark and hard to see.  I hate it when that happens.  [tngg] I like to be able to see people's eyes. [cheesyg]

Elizabeth and Vicki sure did seem like Mother and Daughter in this episode.  It's too bad that they didn't confirm that fact - one of the plotlines that was left hanging and never resolved.  [dsapg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]