Author Topic: UNTILED FANZINE-Writers, artists, etc wanted! :)  (Read 785 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
UNTILED FANZINE-Writers, artists, etc wanted! :)
« on: May 29, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »
Hey cousins...

I just wanted to remind everyone that I am working on a fanzine that should be out at the earliest by the first of the year and the latest by the middle of next summer. I have yet to determine which name I am going to use; although I have about four that I am playing around with.

About a year ago I posted to let all my cousins know that I am working on a zine.  As far as I know fandom doesn't have an active paper zine at this time. Janet The Wicked actually contributed some wonderful art and stories for the zine.  I also have wonderful fandom writers who are veterans like Jean Graham and Melody Clark who are submitting stories.  There will also be stories by some of fandom best writers and artwork by one of fandom's best artist Sherlock.  I also have two stories in the zine. One that I am so very proud of. It was a thought I had for years about a certain plotline and I feel that I was channeling some sort of muse because the story seemed to write itself.

We plan on putting out the best high quality fanzine like fandom hasn't seen in a long time.  There are still many people out there who love to have tangible books in their hands and I know a lot of people are excited for this.  I am so excited and totally humbled by all the nice things people have told me.

I also wanted to ask anyone that is intersted in submitting to the zine to get in touch with me.  We are hoping to pack this zine full of great stories, artwork, etc. and shooting for about a two hundred page book.

I am also doing a special secession called DS: Through The Eyes of the Fans. This will be a secession devoted to people's personal recollections of how they came to love DS and what it means to them.  Think of it like an essay. We especially could use some submissions for this secession.

If anyone here is intersted in sum bitting something or intersted in the zine.  Please feel free to PM me. 

It had been quite a while since I updated everyone on this. I wanted to let everyone know that I am actively working on it and would love to get some submissions from any of my wonderful cousins here on the boards.

XOXOXO

Cousin Taeylor

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: UNTILED FANZINE-Writers, artists, etc wanted! :)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »
Good going Taeylor! I sent you a PM discussing a few things...good luck with your project!

Hugs,

Heather H.

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »
Have you got an editor, someone to check grammar, punctuation, spelling, stuff like that?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 05:41:18 AM »
Yes Janet. I have a two wonderful editors. So there will be two sets of eyes, including mine.  So I guess that means three sets of eyes will be looking at the zine before it goes to press. ;)

We reserve the right to fix grammar/spelling for anything that is submitted to the zine.

Please excuse the spelling errors in my earlier post.

I forgot to spell check because I was doing two things at once.  And once I realized I hadn't spell checked the post it was too late to modify it..

I promise that the zine will be of the highest quality! :)  I have a great team behind me. It will speak for itself and that is the most important thing! :)

I am the main editor, and I have two co editors by my side.  We also have a staff artist who just came on board!

Janet, I already have one of your pictures in the zine layout and it turned out beautifully! :)

I am so excited about this project!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/