Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0310  (Read 1355 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0310
« on: June 01, 2007, 06:03:33 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0310
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »
This was a great show.  Barnabas using his MO against Willie, it is getting tiring.  ::) I can see why Barn is upset that Sarah is not appearing to him, Sarah is his Achillies Heal.  It's to bad that Barnabas doesn't realize that Sarah only appears to people that are good, that  Barnabas is thinking of hurting. Barnabas is starting to whine.  Is that why she doesn't appear to Burke and Jason? Were they not good?

Whenever anyone needs to climb in and out of the coffins they pan away. How about that being on film for eternity. Before I saw this the first time I knew that David was going to go see Sarah. Why didn't Carolyn when David had a history of doing what he wanted to no matter what.  Doesn't that sound like someone we all know and love.  ;D

I wonder if the crystal ball was a family heirloom, from someone that we all know and love.  ???
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 09:29:53 PM »
I wonder if the crystal ball was a family heirloom, from someone that we all know and love.  ???

Burke gave David the crystal ball in Ep #48. Those who have yet to see the pre-Barn episodes will learn that David has actually been able to see quite a few interesting things in it - though other times it has simply been wishful thinking on his part. But even with a crystal ball, a boy can't be right 100% of the time, now can he?  ;D

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 09:44:51 PM »
Another Sarah-centric episode.  Having seen this one more than once before, I watched it this time thinking, "David, don't do it!"  But he didn't listen to me.  He never listens to anyone.  Carolyn was sterner with him than Vicky is, and David still went running out into the night.  Is it still five miles to Eagle Hill Cemetery?

Jonathan Frid caught my eye more than usual today - standing around, driving Willie crazy, unable to think of anything but Sarah.

Whenever anyone needs to climb in and out of the coffins they pan away.
Yes, I was thinking that it would have been fun to watch David scrambling into the coffin, and knocking it onto the floor in the process.

Barnabas using his MO against Willie, it is getting tiring.
Perhaps when they were auditioning actors for the role of Barnabas, they measured everybody's hands, and Frid got the role because his hands were the biggest.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 09:22:50 AM »
Perhaps when they were auditioning actors for the role of Barnabas, they measured everybody's hands, and Frid got the role because his hands were the biggest.
LOLOL!      [lghg]

Great episode!  Yes, it's true, David never listens, does he? [idontknow]  This was a great Friday episode!  So full of suspense!  Poor David really got himself into a jam this time, didn't he? [shkdg]  David is so handsome in this episode!  [luv] I remember when I used to watch originally, I identified greatly with him because he was close to my age. [winkg]

Poor Barnabas misses his baby sister so much!  I can relate to him, because about 30 yrs. ago, my boyfriend at the time claimed he was able to see the ghost of my dad; I was angry because I wanted to, and I couldn't! [angrg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 04:21:08 PM »
I think Eagle Hille Cemetery has magical properties of teleportation like the afghan we all know and love. Sometimes you have to take a car to get there, sometimes it seems like it's in the front yard. Conveniently located for raising the dead!

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 05:01:26 PM »

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »
I love Barnabas when he's in this sad, reflective mood.  It brings such a human dimension to a character that could easily have been stock and one-dimensional.  That scene with him in the Old House, wringing his hands in bewildered despair over Sarah's refusal to show herself to him, is very powerful and poignant indeed.