Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0056  (Read 1498 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0056
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:45:52 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0056
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:28:19 PM »
Anybody besides myself wondering how often Liz calls Roger at work and he’s not there?

So they’re pretty much going back and forth in this episode about the same stuff. They found Bill’s body and Roger wants Sam to stick to the same story; their word against Burke’s. And I love the look on Roger’s face when Vicki tells him that Sam may have knowledge of her beginnings. Priceless.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:12:38 PM »
It is a shame that they killed off Bill Malloy so early, he was such an interesting character the short time he was on, but on the other hand it did give us some excellent drama and most unexpected turns.

Roger does seem more concerned about covering his hide than getting to the bottom of what happened to Malloy. Like it or not he has to somewhat ally himself with Sam Evans against Burke's inevitable accusations.

Carolyn obviously saw Malloy as much a father figure to her as Roger, hence why she's taking his death so bad.

Elizabeth once denied that she ever saw Bill as anything but a friend, but I have to wonder...we know there was at least one other man in her life before Carolyn's father, Ned forgot-his-last-name (definately not Stuart!). Maybe she felt more deeply about him than she would ever admit.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »
At the BW, Sam has whiskey with a beer chaser.

In Vicki's room, Carolyn tells Vicki that Bill's dream was to spend a month on a desert island, but now he'll never be able to. Elizabeth arrives to ask Carolyn to go into town to find Roger. Carolyn stops on her way out of the room to give her mother a hug. As the interaction between mother and daughter gets more emotional, poor, forgotten Vicki, who has turned away to give them privacy, seems to get smaller and smaller with painful loneliness--nice bit by Alexandra Moltke!

Once again, all by itself in the drawing room, the Collins Family History opens up to the page with Josette's picture. We can see that Josette is dressed in a vaguely 1830s style. Then the camera pulls back to show that Carolyn opened it!  [ghost_cheesy]

Today's statistic: There were 130 beds at the foundling home.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:44:35 PM »
As the interaction between mother and daughter gets more emotional, poor, forgotten Vicki, who has turned away to give them privacy, seems to get smaller and smaller with painful loneliness--nice bit by Alexandra Moltke!

I didn't pick up on that.  Well done.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:01:35 AM »
Thanks. By now, poor Vicki probably figures that even a dysfunctional family is better than none.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 12:28:31 AM »
Today's statistic: There were 130 beds at the foundling home.

How many whiskey and beers did Sam have?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:46:15 AM »
The only note I made on this episode was about how the foyer table has to be walked around again...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 03:23:11 PM »
Death is so much sadder in these early days than it is later on in the series.  Later on people say they're sad but it seems more like lip service before getting on to the business of the plot.  Of course, at the moment this series is still, to a large extent, a standard soap, so that opportunities to emote are prized, I guess.  However it may be, Nancy Barrett does a nice job with her lines.

The second I saw Vicky making a bed, I knew we were going to get some reminiscence or other of the foundling home, and sure enough, we did.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 03:18:45 AM »
There were 130 beds in the foundling home.  That seems like a lot, but it sounds like it was a private institution so they could probably pack in as many as they could. 
Roger and Sam get their story straight surrounding Bill.
Vickie decides to take Carolyn's car into town.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
Bored now.

(But nicely done, DarkLady)

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile