Author Topic: Quentin is a bounder, a rake......  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Quentin is a bounder, a rake......
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2002, 12:47:32 AM »
We New Yorkers always thought he was speaking a foreign language....but then, Long Islanders can barely understand people from the Bronx.....hardly anyone in Queens actually speaks English..... and Brooklynites... ::)  ....fugheddaboudit!! [lghy]rainey

Come to upstate NY and you'll find even more dialects.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Lindsey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2002, 02:35:42 AM »
Many people have told me I have a Minnesota accent, yet I have oddly never even been to Minnesota.

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2002, 06:45:49 AM »
Many people have told me I have a Minnesota accent, yet I have oddly never even been to Minnesota.

Maybe you've seen Fargo one too many times...

;D

BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: OT:  East Coast accents
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2002, 08:14:34 AM »

That's so funny, jennifer!

Don't know if you heard since it's local news, but L.A.'s new police chief (William Bratton) comes to us from Boston by way of New York.  After a press conference announcing his appointment, I couldn't help but giggle with Raineypark over his accent, which is Bostonian with a little New Yahk, er, New York thrown in.  He had even joked about it, saying he hoped we'd be able to understand him because he forgot to bring his interpreter along.  Anyway, not a minute goes by after saying that when he tells how pleased he is to be speaking from, get this, Pahkah Centah.  I'm so not used to hearing Parker Center said that way that I thought I'd fall over laughing.

Yes, I'm easily entertained.  :D  But the accent is cute, and the LAPD badly needed some fresh leadership.

i did hear that Midnite,as well as the mayor of NY is from Boston
we as well as NY have different forms of the Boston
accent depending on how close to the city you are! always hated the Boston accent on Cheers they didn't get it right but the worst i've heard is Ken Howard on Crossing Jordan!!it is funny when i travel down south i'm always asked "are you from NY or Boston?' tI've been told that they can't tell the difference!mine is pretty bad as I grew up in a town about 5-6 miles from the city. wonder where it started!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Connie

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2002, 03:49:29 PM »
[and to quote someone from another thread:I didn't even realize I had my arms draped all over him until I saw a picture.  
What can ya do??  He's the most cuddly thing on the face of the earth. ]

gone?

Touche!!

[rollb]

P.S.  "www.I LoveHotSoup.com"   ROFL!  Love that.