Author Topic: Will DS come back???  (Read 3402 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Will DS come back???
« on: August 04, 2003, 03:10:33 PM »
With DS in PT, its like a signal that it (DS) dosen't have much more time.   [bawling2]

If by some chance, Sci-Fi dosen't renew it again, what are we going to do?

Go back and hide in the basement?  Drink ourselves silly with Brandy?  Stay in the house for 18 years?  Howl at the moon?

Did anybody hear anything ?
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Will DS come back???
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 04:34:53 PM »
Hi, Terry308 as far as i know it will continue.
Haven't heard anything about it all.
         Love Anne :o
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 05:24:49 PM »
Terry308...Sci-fi schedule only shows through Sept, yes, still on.
Pre-empted Sept 1 (I put it on calendar). But, thankfully, they've spared DS from Fri before Labor Day ;D (we only made it by the skin of our teeth!!)
thank you Sci-Fi

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 09:40:33 PM »
If it does return, I hope it starts from episode one.
For me, it doesn't get much better than this folks:
``````````````````

Inside a speeding train, sits a young attractive woman, with long dark hair. Deep in thought, she looks out into the night, at a quarter moon high above.

"My name is Victoria Winters. My journey is beginning. A journey
that I hope will open the doors of life to me and link my past with
my future."

Below the moon sits a mighty house.

"A journey that will bring me to a strange dark place, to the edge of the sea, high atop Widows' Hill. A house called Collinwood. A world I've never known with people I've never met."

Behind a window in the great house stands a woman. She opens the window and reveals herself to be an older woman of great beauty, but dark and forboding, like the mansion itself. Draped in a black low-cut evening gown, dripping with pearls and sparkling with diamonds, she looks out at the world with apprehension. Her dark hair is piled high upon her head like a crown.

"People, who tonight are still only a shadow in my mind, but will fill
the days and nights of my tomorrows."

Inside, a man grabs a crystal decanter and pours a drink. He is tall, slender, and fair. He approaches the woman from behind. He stops and sums her up with a look of disapproval. With his words, startles her.

"A watched pot never boils...to coin a phrase."

"Don't you think you ought to look in on your son?."

"The little monster's asleep and I'm delighted." He sips his courage. "I choose my words with infinite wisdom."

Annoyed, the woman quickly turns to face him, "Roger, you're a fool!"

He retorts, "Not one-tenth the fool you are, my dear." She turns away. He continues his assessment: "Look at you. Standing at the window looking out in the night, waiting for someone who should never have been asked to come here in the first place."

Turning her back to him, she states, "She'll work out very well, I'm
sure."

He challenges her, "Doing what? Holding my little son's hand?
Comforting you when the shutters creak?" He states seriously,
"Elizabeth, with all our ghosts we don't need any strangers in this
house, and you know it."

"I think I can be the judge of that," she states calmly, reminding him who makes the decisions that affect the lives of those in the great house.

He pleads, "You don't even know the girl, Elizabeth; I'm your own brother. I'm only thinking of your own welfare. Why bring somebody all the way up from New York to do something we're perfectly capable of handeling ourselves?"

She quickly turns to Roger and announces with authority, "Because I choose to do so!"

Roger condescends. "Oh come to your senses, Elizabeth. When the girl arrives, give her a month's salary and tell her to go back where she came from." Elizabeth turns away, hiding the look of concern that adorns her lovely face. Angered by her stubborn refusal to listen, he raises his arm and shouts, "Why don't you open the doors and let the whole town come trouping through the house and have done with it?"

Again, she turns to face him. "The girl will stay." Believing that to
be the last word, the mistress of Collinwood begins to leave the room.

"You are a fool, Elizabeth," his comment stopping her dead in her
tracks. "Yes you are. Inviting problems..."

Interupting, she puts her brother in his place, "The only problem I've invited is standing here before me at this moment." She adds, "I've asked Miss Winters to live here, and she'll stay."

Realizing that the last word on the subject has been spoken, Roger bows while raising his glass in mock surrender. Elizabeth exits the room. He follows her to the door. After she disappears from view he raises his left hand to his mouth in a jester of panic. Within seconds, the glass in his right hand shatters under the weight of his own fears.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 09:43:01 AM »
If by some chance, Sci-Fi dosen't renew it again, what are we going to do?

Well, DS fandom was active online before the Sci-Fi Channel ever existed. It was active online between September 26, 1997 and January 3, 1999 when DS was no longer on Sci-Fi. (In fact, the first incarnation of this forum was launched on October 7, 1998.) And even if Sci-Fi was to decide not to show DS ever again after the current run ends, something tells me fandom would continue to be active online.

Wherever there are at least two fans who want to talk about DS, fandom will exist. And places like this forum will always make that discussion possible. ;)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 09:54:51 PM »
Wherever there are at least two fans who want to talk about DS, fandom will exist. And places like this forum will always make that discussion possible. ;)
Well, I know I'm relieved! [clap]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 01:12:41 AM »
If it does return, I hope it starts from episode one.

The last time it began, did it start from episode one?

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 02:14:33 AM »
If DS leaves SCI FI Channel don't worry. SOAPNET has been trying to get the show for a year now. The program director for Soapnet said in an interview a year ago that DS is at the top of their list. Plus there is always the DVDs every other month for the next few years too.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 03:01:09 AM »
Soapnet, eh?  That works for me....we get that.

Somebody tell me who's more likely to run the show from the BEGINNING.....so I can word my incantation appropriately.  [witch]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2003, 04:07:20 AM »
The time before this they started with the usual "coming of Barnabas," but promised to show the beginning when it was over.  They did!  I finally saw the early episodes and they then continued up to this point (and presumably on to the end).
Josette

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2003, 01:07:05 PM »
LaFB...the eps you're seeing NOW started from Ep 1.
Right before that, see above, but, for a brief period, Sci-Fi ALSO did some quasi-queer thing; they yanked the 2 eps off, just one in day, but also at like 10:30 at night, had on another ep...BUT AN EARLIER ONE. {say ep 814 was 10am then ep 217 was pm??}.. (so, if you had nothing else to do, you could play swap the tapes in & out of your VCR).

MB's right....even if it's not on, so many of us have tapes/DVDs that we can still fellowship...I know I would.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2003, 05:00:43 PM »
I'll be around here to talk about DS whether or not Sci-Fi chooses to start over...but I'm with Raineypark in the desire to say an incantation to increase the odds in our favor for a new run of our favorite show.  [witch]

Since 1999, when I rediscovered Dark Shadows, I've written to Sci-Fi several times (snail mail) to thank them for airing the show.  I intend to do so again, requesting that they keep DS in their lineup.  Hell, I'd be fine even if they run it in the middle of the night.  Do any of you think writing to the channel actually helps?  I don't get SoapNet, so Sci-Fi is my only hope - other than video/DVD.

BTW, dom - I loved your recounting the first scenes of the first ep.  I too would love to see those early eps again!  :)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 01:13:36 PM »
Since 1999, when I rediscovered Dark Shadows, I've written to Sci-Fi several times (snail mail) to thank them for airing the show.  I intend to do so again, requesting that they keep DS in their lineup.  Hell, I'd be fine even if they run it in the middle of the night.  Do any of you think writing to the channel actually helps?  I don't get SoapNet, so Sci-Fi is my only hope - other than video/DVD.

This is when I rediscovered DS too CB...and I rarely get to watch 'live', so I wouldn't care middle of the night.

The month before the 9/11 attacks, I wrote (snail mail) to Sci Fi, asking them to continue with DS; I brought up the on-coming fest which was sold out (boo-hoo...the ONE day I was going).

They of course didn't have the decency to reply >:D

Dom...ibid...thoroughly enjoyed!! Thanks

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline liz_collins

• Where are my pearls?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 07:24:11 PM »
I do hope Sci Fi gets it back.  wahh I do not get Soap Net.  I do have the videos, but it is not the same.  I just love sitting in front of the TV and getting mad when the commercial comes on. lol

Our area has been trying to get Soap Net.  Hope they do if DS moves there.

By the way, I know I have not been around in a long time.  but I got a bad virus(computer) :'(  and several techs tried to help but to no avail.  Had to get a new tower ::).  Which meant waiting to save money.  Oh well I am back, and just getting back into the swing.
Hope to finally be around more!
Oh, Roger!

Offline AllMyShadows

• Junior Poster
  • DS Fan All the Way!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2003, 07:58:41 PM »
I hope it stays on Sci-Fi. I started watching in Feb. 2002, and I don't have any videos or DVD. I have been writing my cable company for over a year to get SoapNet, so I can enjoy the classic shows thye have, and now if DS goes there, I'll have more reason to pester them for it!
DS on Sci-Fi
1992-1997, 1999-2003
Let's just hope TVLand picks it up or something like that lol