Author Topic: Want to see the 2004 pilot on DVD? Go to the Warner Video TV chat tonight!  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
This one's only for TV and Animation, not feature films, so if you'd like Warners to release the pilot in some form on DVD, then join the chat and suggest they release it! :D

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/whvchat.html

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Warner Bros Online Chat 8pm EST
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:37:19 AM »
Please see Darren's post...it's only on TUESDAY and only about TV and animation

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, so far the only news that might be of interest to DS fans is that there are no plans to release Falcon Crest on DVD. Though that's not exactly good news...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
They just announced there are also no plans for Scarecrow and Mrs. King...

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Damn, I missed it  :(  was anyone able to suggest the DS pilot?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
was anyone able to suggest the DS pilot?

Nope. Apparently, unless you have a DSL or Cable connection, you don't have a chance in hell of being quick enough to get through as one of the people lucky enough to ask a question. I'm still saddled with dial-up, so that left me out. :(

But on the Scarecrow and Mrs. King front, a follow-up question revealed that at least that show is on Warner's radar. A second question about Falcon Crest brought the same response that there are no plans to release it.  :-

And anyone who thinks DS fans are fanatical about the show, trust me, we're nowhere near as rabid as Everwood fans are about their show. It seemed like a good half of the questions were about Everwood - and they even kept coming after the moderators politely and repeatedly requested that no more questions be asked because Warner had already explained several times that there are no plans as yet to release more DVD sets for the show. People even went so far as to stop asking questions and to resort to lecturing Warner as to why they'd be fools if they didn't release more sets. Warner was not amused - and even went so far as to warn the Everwood fans they were not helping their cause - that, in fact, their behavior was having the exact opposite effect. It was the perfect example of how not to behave at these sorts of chats. And one that we'd all do well to learn from the next time we want to try to persuade Warner to release something DS-related...

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Warner was not amused - and even went so far as to warn the Everwood fans they were not helping their cause - that, in fact, their behavior was having the exact opposite effect.

As much as I agree that it's rude to be rude, if Warner, or any studio/production company/distributor, decides(d) not to put something out there for sale that many ppl obviously want and are willing to PAY for, they're idiots!  If ppl want to give them their money, let them.  Who cares if they're rabid TV junkie freaks?  They can laugh all the way to the bank w/those freaks' money.  But for them to say/suggest that if ppl piss them off they WON'T release something, that's just wacko!  Not at all the smart way to run a business.  Much like MPI and their narrowing of the market for the pre-Barnabas episodes.  They're only cutting off their source for cash and profits.  Just my two cents.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Everwood??? Good golly,what's up with THAT?

I utterly fail to understand the bizarre permutations of 21st century pop culture.

Too bad the people who wanted to request the release of the DS pilot weren't able to make their voices heard.

G.

ClaudeNorth

Everwood??? Good golly,what's up with THAT?

It's a drama about men suffering from side effects caused by Viagara.  >:D

As for the pilot, if it were from a studio other than Warners, then I could imagine MPI licensing it for DVD.  From what I understand, Warners NEVER farms out DVD rights to other companies.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Claude, honey, you crack me up!

I didn't know that about Warners, but it seems fairly typical of the firm.

G.

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
It's a drama about men suffering from side effects caused by Viagara.
God awmighty. I might as well go on to bed now because I'm not going to laugh any harder before tomorrow.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
On the subject of Everwood, I gathered from the chat that the first season set didn't sell all that well, and that's why Warner is hedging on releasing any further sets. After all, from their POV the point of releasing sets is to make money, not simply to make fans happy. If they're not going to turn a profit, there's really nothing in it for them.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I wish I had an opportunity to give WB a piece of my mind. lol It would have been interesting to hear what its present position is on the DS pilot.
I am pretty sure that WB's position would have been that its policy is to never release unaired TV pilots. We all know that the WB invested almost 6 million dollars on the DS pilot, then passed on it and then allegedly admitted that it was a mistake to have passed on it. I think they would like this filmed pilot buried for the aforementioned reasons. I do hope that it is eventually released on DVD. I just don't see it happening unless we make them an offer they can't refuse.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It would have been interesting to hear what its present position is on the DS pilot.
I am pretty sure that WB's position would have been that its policy is to never release unaired TV pilots.

Well, given that the most often repeated phrase during the chat was "no plans at this time" and simply leaving it at that (I honestly lost count as to how many times they said that because it was said so often), I strongly suspect that would have simply been their response had someone been able to ask. But at least they would know there is interest in potentially having the pilot released...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It would have been interesting to hear what its present position is on the DS pilot.
I am pretty sure that WB's position would have been that its policy is to never release unaired TV pilots.

Well, given that the most often repeated phrase during the chat was "no plans at this time" and simply leaving it at that (I honestly lost count as to how many times they said that because it was said so often), I strongly suspect that would have simply been their response had someone been able to ask. But at least they would know there is interest in potentially having the pilot released...

MB-very good point you raised. Who knows what impact it may have had if the WB had actually heard from us. It would have caught its attention and possibly put it back on the table. Hopefully, someone in a higher position could make a pitch to the WB concerning this issue. Perhaps DCP and John Wells could possibly influence the WB to reconsider releasing the pilot on DVD, albeit we have no idea what their position is on the pilot as well.