Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1073  (Read 1302 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1073
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1073
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:28:45 AM »
Hallie: "Things are different here.  I don't have to imagine things."   I'd ask her to explain that one, sounds like trouble.  ***  Nice simple indigo (?) dress on Maggie.   Hey, it's our Facebook pal as Sebastian Shaw!   Still can't get over that...  Hallie: "Lots of boys have dreams about me."   !!!   Well, isn't she special!!   Apparently they all come to her and tell her about the dreams too, at whatever school she doesn't seem to be going to...  I had a new dream about you, Mistress Stokes!!   Well, tell me all about it, my acolyte!

I am now beginning a new spiral notebook of DS notes.

ECS finds herself in a small pond of familiar face, when she's confronted with Shaw.   How would ECS have reacted if dropped into 1795 at the same point Vicki was?   Or Roger?

I suppose CP was supposed to play Shaw like Jeb, because we were supposed to suspect he was Jeb.   [spoiler]Since that just petered out and turned out not to be true though, I'd rather not have had that distraction.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »
Did they neglect to put Kathryn Leigh Scott in the closing credits?

1995 Carolyn said something about an unfinished horoscope, and now we've got Elizabeth commissioning one from Sebastian Shaw.  We are given to understand that what finally persuaded Elizabeth to consult Shaw was Barnabas's story of the disaster to come.  But if Barnabas was not there in the original 1970, then what happened?  And how did Elizabeth meet Shaw in the first place?  Did he do a cold call?  For some reason I have this picture in my mind of them meeting at a church bazaar, but I doubt that was how it worked.

Shaw looked pretty ridiculous in his astrological get-up.  I'd like to have been a fly on the wall the first time Chris Pennock saw it.

Do we have any idea yet of why the latest spirits started haunting Collinwood now?  When Quentin's ghost was doing the haunting, there were identifiable reasons for the timing.  I can't remember ever learning what set off this latest haunting.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:40:59 PM »
Do we have any idea yet of why the latest spirits started haunting Collinwood now?  When Quentin's ghost was doing the haunting, there were identifiable reasons for the timing.  I can't remember ever learning what set off this latest haunting.

I too want to know this.   [spoiler]The only thing I can think of that all three points in time have in common is the PT room, which is operating in all three periods, though we don't know about in in 1840 till the end.[/spoiler]

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »
"...Hallie has a frightening experience that makes her secretive - next on Dark Shadows..."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
Did they neglect to put Kathryn Leigh Scott in the closing credits?
Whoops.

This isn't a spoiler, but since a lot of fans believe that Amy's presence at Collinwood was the catalyst for the first haunting, it seems likely that Hallie served the same purpose.  How could Carrie have returned to dance with David otherwise?

It was cool to hear Maggie mention computers.

Shaw's pad had some very familiar touches.  It reused the set and items from Evan Hanley's house.  And I spied a screen from Carolyn Frederick's beach house and the drawing room drapes from PT.  But for once, the windows appear to be genuine stained glass.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 02:34:09 PM »
8/5/70

If Hallie’s room is a redress it is well done. Is it?

I don’t particularly like KLS hairstyle with the bun—it makes her look old or old fashioned!

JB has the most beautiful skin it’s simply divine! She obviously wasn’t a sun worshipper! ;)

“You should knock!”  Hallie Really you should knock David she is a 14 year old girl.

“Lot’s of boys have dreams about me!” Hallie “But they don’t try to go back to sleep afterwards I know!” David
Hmm….it seemed as if they were going to be love interest but  it didn’t come out that way in the end.

I like Hallie’s stripped dress!

I love that JB got a second chance at being famous. I just got through reading THE BENNETTS and I highly recommended it to any DS/Joan fan. It really doesn’t sugar coat anything. It does my heart good that such a wonderful talent was given a second chance!

Nice to see the gazebo again! I like Maggie’s busy outfit save the gray!

Not much to say on this one!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/