Author Topic: DS DVD Defects  (Read 915 times)

Selby_D._Pearson

DS DVD Defects
« on: June 25, 2003, 09:51:21 AM »
Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted here. About that time, several posters had just bought one of the MPI DVD sets. I think it was set four. The posters had discovered a defect in one of the episodes that was not in the original masters or the MPI VHS tapes. A representative of MPI posted here that MPI would look into this. Was there ever any announcement that this would be fixed? I would like to start buying the DVDs but not if they are full of defects that need not be there. I remember when the VHS tapes started, there was a fairly large defect in the episode where Carolyn had just been bitten by the aged Barnabas. MPI recalled and replaced these defective tapes. Are they doing the same for the DVDs?

If this has already been answered in another thread, please accept my apologies for the dual post (and could someone kindly direct me to the subject and date of the thread)? If it's not been answered, I hope the MPI representative is out there!

Thanks!

SDP

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:DS DVD Defects
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 03:15:03 PM »
Could it have been set 5?  The topic "DVD Set 5 flaw on disc 2?" is currently on p. 7 of this board.

The MPI rep visited the forums yesterday and hopefully will return to see your question soon.

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 10:29:15 PM »
I remember when the VHS tapes started, there was a fairly large defect in the episode where Carolyn had just been bitten by the aged Barnabas. MPI recalled and replaced these defective tapes.  Thanks!

SDP

Do you remember which M.P. I. tape that was? I initally purchased my videos as they were released by M.P.I., but I don't remember that particular flaw. I do have a M.P.I. tape (can't remember the number)where the picture jumps horizontally during the majority of it.

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 04:11:56 AM »
 >:(I would have to go back and find it, but I do have a flaw or rather several in my DVD set 5. It was a while before I got around to playing them and by that time I had discarded the paperwork. I would be interested in any information available.
                                                          Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Selby_D._Pearson

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 06:32:25 AM »
Bob,

The VHS volume is number 25. It is the first episode on the tape. I can't remember exactly where the cut starts but a sizeable portion is missing and there is some repeating of the scene where Carolyn is lying on Josette's bed while Barnabas and Julia question her. I wonder how many defective tapes are still out there?

SDP

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 08:38:57 AM »
So far i have all of the dark shadows dvds, including the one that just came out.

However, I have only watch the first box set.  Which Box Sets have the defects.???
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books