Author Topic: OT-Another Fun Personality Test  (Read 2122 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
OT-Another Fun Personality Test
« on: April 30, 2004, 06:51:02 AM »
Like just 4% of the population you are an ARTIST (DIAF)--creative, adventurous, and deep. ...

Unfortunately, you didn't take part in the thread, but one hopes that you don't fall into their definition of THE BUSINESSMAN.  :o

[b003]
(Thankfully, the site intends that much of what comes up in some of the results is meant to be taken as a joke - otherwise, in quite a few of the instances, it could be quite insulting.  :D)

I'm a Helper that Finds Missing Children on the Internet. (Submissive Introverted Concrete Feeler).   Which I found rather odd, since I'm hardly introverted.  Then, I found a Myers-Briggs site and came up with:

"ENFJ - "Persuader". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 2.5% of total population."

Then my general personality results were: "Sensate results were moderately high which suggests you are empathetic, sensitive, and considerate of others.

Intellectual results were moderately high which suggests you tend to be internally motivated, self seeking, and independent.

Assertive results were moderately high which suggests you are proactive, direct, competitive, and intense.  Your consciously preferred type is Assertive"

There you have it.  That sums it up fairly accurately.

If we want to do personality tests again, which could prove interesting with all the new members, then it's time to split off the topic again.  LOL!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:OT-Another Fun Personality Test
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:44:34 AM »
Then, I found a (URL)

I got these results:

Your type is: INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

From the Myers Briggs Test (53 question), and these from the
Global Personality Test (30 questions):

Sensate (empathy)     ||||||||||||||||||||    90%
Intellectual (solitariness)     ||||||||||||||||||||   90%
Assertive (aggressiveness)     ||||||||||||||||||   80%

Sensate results were very high which suggests you are extremely empathetic, sensitive, and considerate of others.

Intellectual results were very high which suggests you tend to be extremely internally motivated, self seeking, and independent.

Assertive results were high which suggests you are very proactive, direct, competitive, and intense.
Your consciously preferred type is Sensate

What can I say?  [wink2]  And I do like their disclaimer:

"Keep in mind, your results are dependent on the accurate truth of your responses. The more you take this test and get the same result, the more likely that is your type. Finally, your scores and type, over the long term, will change as you do."

If we want to do personality tests again, which could prove interesting with all the new members, then it's time to split off the topic again.  LOL!

True - and when I get a chance I probably will - and move it to the CE/A '04 board.

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 03:31:32 AM »
ISFJ "Conservator"--desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs--very loyal.
     Sounds about right.
8)
MM

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 02:07:33 PM »
I'm also a Conservator - either that or an ax-murderer in the works; well, it's good to be flexible.  One thing it did say is that I'm primarily extroverted which I am not.  I'm one of the shyest, most introverted persons on the face of the planet.  So I guess the test ain't flawless.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 07:08:31 PM »
I'm also a Conservator ... One thing it did say is that I'm primarily extroverted which I am not.  I'm one of the shyest, most introverted persons on the face of the planet.  So I guess the test ain't flawless.

I don't know which test you took or what the written results might have said, but according to Maria_Merriweather's post, Conservators are ISFJ - and the "I" in that stands for Introvert.  ;)  If your personanlity type had included extrovert, the "I" would have been an "E", so it might have been ESFJ.

I found a Web site that gives detailed explanations of all 12 personality types. You'll find ISFJ here, my INFP here, and vw's ENFJ here. (Perhaps not surprisingly, ENFJ's are supposedly INFP's opposite. [wink2]  What's interesting, though, is that ISFJ's are supposedly INFP's "Suitemates", so perhaps we should be roommates at the Fest.  [lghy]).
At the bottom of each explanation there's a list of famous people and literary characters who also fall into that type. Seems like we're all in good company.  :D

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 02:06:26 AM »
I'm married to an ENTJ.

For those of you not much into Jung, there was kinda a fun test called "Classic Movie Test."   I came out with:   This is funny!  Wonder who you are MB, Maria_Merriweather and Gerard.  Anyone else?  Take the click.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 02:12:14 AM »
You might be right, MB - maybe I misread it, but I was almost positive it said I was extroverted.  But I was too shy to ask for a clarification.

Gerard

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 02:20:02 AM »
I'm Schindler's List.  Something about being helpful to others and putting their needs before my own and assorted stuff.  What does it take to be pegged as Carrie?

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 02:39:50 AM »
I took the 45 questions version of the test and I'm Easy Rider. Apparently I "want to maintain a calm, cool, comfortable environment" - and I suppose that really is true. After all, as we've discussed in the past, the reason the forum was created in the first place was to provide a sane place to discuss DS, safe from the trolls and whatnot that were plaguing (and, unfortunately, still do occasionally show up in) so much of online fandom.  :)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 03:02:49 AM »
I'm also Schindler's List[idontknow]  Based on so many of the 45 questions having to do with paranoia (preparedness, fear, danger, caution, etc.), or so it seemed to me, I wondered if my result would end up being Invasion of the Body Snatchers8)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2004, 03:32:11 AM »
My film was Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. "Determining and doing the right thing is the foundation of your personality."

ProfStokes

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2004, 03:54:16 AM »
I'm married to an ENTJ

Well, then he's supposedly your perfect companion. But, uh, does he know that one day he might find himself floating face down in the pool?  :o

[b003]

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2004, 04:18:55 AM »
He does live daily in some fear under my "persuasive" control. ;)  But seriously, except for my DS complusion (which he hates), we do pretty much live in domestic bliss.  Married now 12 years. [9341]

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2004, 04:40:34 AM »
My movie was "Apocalypse Now"--a rogue wanderer on the winding river of life, searching after your shadow self.  ??? But if you don't mind another one, this one is fun. Which Bob Dylan song are you? I even guessed my result on this one before I took the test--"Tangled Up In Blue". Wistful, epic and poetic.[coolb]http://www.youthink.com/quiz.asp?action=take&quiz_id=226
MM

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 04:59:06 AM »
if you don't mind another one, this one is fun.

Oh, this one is just too funny:

you are ballad of a thin man. dark mysterious and introspective.

[lol2]      [lghy]      [lol2]