Poll

Which garments do you think best highlighted Julia's character and her best features.

#1 - You too should be so bold to wear the same pin twice!
9 (7.6%)
#2 - Is this a party line or a party dress?
3 (2.5%)
#3 - Early Dr J. . .the Don't Hate me because i'm a brilliant scientist in disguise as mad historian look.
2 (1.7%)
#4 - For a nice visit to the hospital suit and purse.
14 (11.8%)
#5 - A girl can never have too many chains. . .
11 (9.2%)
#6 - One must be stylish when tired and drained of blood. .
3 (2.5%)
#7 - Pretending to read isn't easy when one is still tiired and has lost more blood.
2 (1.7%)
#8 - When counseling a youngster on fashion do's and don'ts  look snappy!
6 (5%)
#9 - Stripes can work on a figure like mine. .
4 (3.4%)
#10 - For those pensive moments.
3 (2.5%)
#11 - A lovely cocktail frock for entertaining a warlock. .
13 (10.9%)
#12 - This fine purse is the ultimate accessory to a stylish Orbach's suit. .
7 (5.9%)
#13 - (Now who wants to vote that this one actually belonged to the actress herself?  it's too nice for DS and Orbach's isn't it?)
21 (17.6%)
#14 - A little swing in the hip belt, a scarf casually about the neck & shoulders zips up this suit ensemble. . .
10 (8.4%)
#15 - All about business the historian.
4 (3.4%)
#16 - Even a dowdy historian must have a little style with these gloves, handback and clean cut suit.
5 (4.2%)
#17 - For those evenings at home entertaining bloodthirsty ghouls.
2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: February 02, 2005, 12:00:30 AM

Author Topic: The Dark Shadows Forum Fashion Poll-Spotlight: Julia Hoffman, M. D., Ph.D..  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Vote on the top 5 garments that you think best highlighted Julia's character and her best features.

By NOT voting we can also tally up the bottom 5. . .

You'll note that some of this fine frocks were only worn once or twice  (maybe even the nicer ones . . .we shall see by the poll) and others were worn over and over again ..why? Who are we to ask . ..?  But let's vote!
Julia99

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
This is wonderful!  ;D do you suppose we could poll Barnabas' attire as well?  Barnabas was always dreassed to kill... >:D
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
First of all, big hugs to J99 for dreaming up this wonderful poll. And mucho gracias for sorting through all those captures (J-C's, mine and MB's - whew), and picking the best ones! Love the commentary you put with the pics, dahhling. lol  :-*

And many thanks to MB for setting up the poll for us obsessive nuts out here. ;)  Looks fantastic! The  issue of Julia's duds is one that MUST be discussed thoroughly, doncha think??   ;D

Anyhoo...among these choices, I wanted to start off by saying that one particular outfit I adore is #13. That was one of the outfits Julia wore only once or twice, I think. Amazing, since she looks so darn sexy in it. She looks good from the front, back, in profile, and every other which way. The deep shimmery grey suit paired with coordinating gloves and handbag complements her cool, soft makeup and wispy auburn locks. Hmmm...maybey she'd just spent the day at Pepe's salon, Steve (lol)?

During the episode, she sweeps gracefully into the Old House, the crisply fitted layered garment laying beautifully along her lithe frame. Methinks even the old bat notices. Barnabas is all ears, standing closer and closer throughout their tense discourse, even offering a couple lopsided grins here and there... (well, if he didn't grin then it was soon thereafter...I have evidence). {cough}   >:D ^-^

Now that I think of it, one outfit that could have been up there as well would've been one of her blue dresses. As we all know that color was SO good on her...  :-*  But then this is an excellent variety already...I actually had problems narrowing it down to just five!   :P  Now about that yellow ochre/chartruese dress...{wink}

Well, I guess I should pause for now (chortle). No i'm not obsessed (LOL). Just a...diversion... yeah, that's it...a delightful diversion, darlings.  ;D

Hugs,

Heather  8)
[/size][/color][/b]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
But where oh where is her aquamarine labcoat???  8)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
But where oh where is her aquamarine labcoat???  8)

And the outfit she wore in 1995?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

ClaudeNorth

Well, I love love love this poll!  And I'm not just saying that because I contributed a cap or two.  A veritable Grayson Gallery!

Terrific work, Julia99, MB, and Heather!

Jean-Claude

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
oh, hooraaaaaaaaay!  It was too much fun having a gander at some of Julia's outfits, thanks guys!

My favorite is definitely #13 (and that's my lucky number too - go figure).  Can anyone tell me the episode in which the attractive, brainy and resolute doctor wore that fantastic shimmery grey ensemble?

Thanks again,

Cassandra Blair
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
And the outfit she wore in 1995?

I do believe #15 is the same suit. . just very early in the show---
Julia99

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
thanks for the great pol!dr.hoffman was without a doubt the chicest character that ever appeared on the show.i love the crisp lines and fine tailoring.no.13 was my favorite.while julia looked great in gunmetal,pewter and black she also very successfully pulled-off strong color as well.she seemed to favor greens and spice colors(to play of the red hair).i've actually just seen alot of these looks recently.and julia finished each ensemble with a proper handbag and gloves.love it!

look no.3 was the "sceance" outfit and it was quite dowdy.julia got decidedly more "glam" after 1795. :-*
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Holy Hoffman!!! Fantastic poll!
Gotta love that Dijon Yellow number she was wearing in #2. Tightest dress Julia ever wore, and if memory serves me, that particular day she was running all over Collinwood looking for Amy, slapping Joe Haskell, pronouncing Elizabeth dead, comforting Carolyn...
My favorite remains the pink nightie she wore over to Chris Jennings' cottage. No doubt the animals in the underbrush got an eyeful that day.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
oh Sandor that would've been a good one. . i forgot about it. . .
Julia99

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
My favorite remains the pink nightie she wore over to Chris Jennings' cottage.
oh Sandor that would've been a good one. . i forgot about it. . .

Oh damn...I don't know how I forgot that either!   ???  :'(   Well, I may still have something to share about that alluring garment one day soon... ;)   :-*

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Can anyone tell me the episode in which the attractive, brainy and resolute doctor wore that fantastic shimmery grey ensemble?

Whew...just found it. It's episode #560   [thumbleft] [tasty]

Well, I love love love this poll! And I'm not just saying that because I contributed a cap or two. A veritable Grayson Gallery!
Couldn't of done it without you, dear.   :-*

Gotta love that Dijon Yellow number she was wearing in #2. Tightest dress Julia ever wore, and if memory serves me, that particular day she was running all over Collinwood looking for Amy, slapping Joe Haskell, pronouncing Elizabeth dead, comforting Carolyn...
Yep, that was the very same day, Sandor. Very form-fitting, indeed...  ;D

No doubt the animals in the underbrush got an eyeful that day.
LOL, Sandor.  [naughty]   [lol2]  (sorry - thought that kinda-sorta looked like a possible Julia-ish smiley.  Sigh  LOL) 

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Holy Hoffman!!! Fantastic poll!
G
My favorite remains the pink nightie she wore over to Chris Jennings' cottage. No doubt the animals in the underbrush got an eyeful that day.

Is it just me or isn't a "nightie" one of those short night gowns?  I need a definition check . .
Julia99

Offline dsdwk

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
A great poll. Oh Julia, you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dsdwk