Author Topic: HODS/NODS Double Feature in San Francisco this October!  (Read 8482 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
Re: HODS/NODS Double Feature in San Francisco this October!
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2008, 05:41:10 PM »
i uploaded a 10 minute highlited version of the John Stanley interview with KLS + LP on youtube. www.youtube.com/user/jayteevideo
anyone interested in having the entire video that runs 50min and includes the stars signing autographs can e-mail me at JAYTEEVIDEO@YAHOO.COM for details. however someone else has uploaded most of the interview in 4 parts. www.youtube.com/user/naboomboo

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2008, 09:59:21 PM »
An article about the event and Depp playing Barnabas as a "lisping fool"? I just wish I was one of the 900 people another cousin posted about in the audience -that is an incredibly high number-that's so great for the franchise and I am very happy for Darren.

http://www.ebar.com/arts/art_article.php?sec=outthere&article=177

Offline Wednesday

• View Profile
    • Wednesday's Korner
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2008, 04:39:13 AM »
My photos can be seen here. I thought John Stanley saying the word "old" in the introduction of the show and Lara Parker, Kathryn Leigh Scott, was a little tacky. I felt embarrassed for them. They were gracious anyways. I love the stories. I could have had another 15 minutes of them onstage, but then the movies looked fabulous. I love the colors more in the films and especially on the big screen at the Castro. That's one of the things about this city that keeps me here. I thought the found footage was very good and demonstrated how much we missed with the edited films. It was a wonderful treat and fit well with the intermission. There were some dedicated fans there applauding as the films began with the title sequence. I love seeing all the realistic weather and hearing our favorite music score. I want more Dark Shadows events at the Castro, too. It's a perfect venue for this stuff.
http://flickr.com/photos/obsidian_snowflake/sets/72157608322579099/detail/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2008, 04:45:44 AM »
KLS said Dan dreamed about DS in the army??  Is this true?  Or another Pom Press type bit!??  I was under the impression he was working in TV when the idea came to him? 

Thanks Joe and Darren. I enjoyed the video and Darren I really enjoyed hearing about the experience as I was not able to attend! :)  Thank you all!! [8_1_202]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2008, 07:26:01 AM »
i too was a bit puzzled by that "recollection" of dan dreaming about the idea of ds in the army. i never heard that version before but it would not be the first time kls remembered things a little different than how they actually happened.

Offline mspeel007

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2008, 06:04:51 PM »
I'm VERY late posting this!!! I already had my plane tickets to fly out to Sacramneto to see my sweetie Joe, then I recieved my "Shadowgram" with info about "the girls" attending the event at the Castro Theatre......we HAD to go!!!!! It was a GREAT time! Lara & Kathryn looked great....as always, and it was AWESOME seeing HODS & NODS on the big screen!!! You see things on the big screen that your NEVER notice on the videos!!!! The theatre was beautiful......they even had an organ player that came up out of the floor!!! I took a few pictures...as soon as I can, I will post them! Darren's presentation was GREAT!!!! I loved seeing the updated footage. He's a great guy, and I can't thank him enough for his hospitality!!!!!  [beer]  He's got quite a job on his hands!!! And that was my first time viewing "Spider Baby".....LOVED IT!!!! All in all, it was a GREAT weekend!  [Bat] [vampy]
And in the end...the love you take..is equal to the love you make.