Author Topic: More Fest Pics  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
More Fest Pics
« on: September 08, 2003, 06:48:06 PM »
I spent only a few hours on Saturday at the Fest, my first and only one, after we docked back in New York following our cruise to Bermuda (I watched for your ship passing up, Robin, so I could wave!).  Of course, my highlight was meeting TLATKLS, as well as many of the other stars, and seeing them up on stage.  During the auction, I bid for, and won, a CD of the War and Remembrance soundtrack (the proceeds went to the Alzheimer's Assocation - my mother died of the disease).

Now, please, let me download these pics right!

Gerard

Kathryn Leigh Scott autographing the box containing the Josette's Music Box repro I purchased.  She told me not to hurry and sell it on e-bay.  (It'll be buried with me!)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:More Fest Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 06:50:44 PM »
Talking with Kathryn Leigh Scott.  She was such a sweet, generous lady of the highest caliber.  My one friend, no DS fan, said that she was the classiest of all celebrity ladies he had ever met.  Of course!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 06:53:11 PM »
Me (possessing racoon eyes from wearing sunglasses while trying to get a Bermuda tan) with - sigh! - Kathryn Leigh Scott.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 06:55:13 PM »
I and friends with David Selby.  (Don't faint, Annie!)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »
We went to the table where James Storm, Chris Pennock and Marie Wallace were signing autographs.  Miss Wallace was at the end, and the line had not reached her yet.  We were a bit sullen at seeing the length of the line - Miss Wallace noticed us and said:  "Hey, guys, come and talk with me!"  We didn't want to "jump", but she stated:  "Crazy Jenny says for you to come!"  She gave us her undivided attention, and my one friend discovered that both do volunteer work for the same charity.  They exchanged e-mail addresses so she could maybe help out at his end.  What a classy woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 07:01:06 PM »
James Storm ("Gerard" - my alter-ego.")

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 07:04:12 PM »
Chris Pennock noticed our tans and asked from where we got them.  When we told him about our cruise, he began to ask us tons of questions as he and his family were thinking of a cruise and wondered about Bermuda.  (For now, I imagine, the island nation will be off the list of places to go.)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 07:06:16 PM »
David Selby, Kathryn Leigh Scott and Marie Wallace on stage.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 07:10:47 PM »
A wide view of the stars on stage.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »
Last but not least, a view of the audience.  (Any of you visible?)

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2003, 08:29:44 PM »
Who ever that woman in the white shirt is looks like she's having a WONDERFUL time lol ;-)
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2003, 08:30:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing all these, Gerard.  You have such a beautiful smile.  And your friend looks like a body builder.  The shot of Jim Storm with the two of you is particularly cute.

I love the one of you with Pennock, too.  His smile is pure John Yeagar!

Marie is one of my favorite people among the DS actors.  I'm glad to hear you had such a good time with her.

And, of course, the shots of you with KLS give me quite a tingle, knowing what a lifelong dream it must have been for you to meet her.  I just hope that you won't be stalked now by other members of the TLATKLS Appreciation Society because of how much closer to her you are now!

I've been watching episodes of DS from October 1966 and really enjoying KLS' performance in the Frances Swann scripts.  I wish DC had allowed the writers to give Maggie more spunk in the later years.  It comes through loud and clear that spunk is something Miss Scott has in spades!

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2003, 08:51:54 PM »
Lovely photos, Gerard! And it's nice being able to put a face to the name now. Thanks so much for sharing.

dom

PS - I appreciated your comments as well, as I was never too crazy about MW the person. Now I see her in a new and different light - and that's a good thing. [thumb]

PPS - Glad you had a good vacation and got out of there before Fabian arrived!

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2003, 09:09:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing your pics, Gerard!  It was nice to finally see the face behind the name.  Funny how, from your many humble and self-effacing posts, I had expected to see someone older, frail, pale, and kind of bookish.  Instead, you look younger, robust, tan, and cool!

I still remember my disbelief at the 2001 Fest upon  discovering that ProfStokes was not the bespectacled older man I had envisioned but instead was this lovely, smart, and funloving young lady.

Ben

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2003, 09:12:09 PM »
Hi Gerard,
  I agree with Gothick,   you have a lovely smile and also very beautiful eyes!  It looks like you and your friends had a blast!!

Sorry I missed you there.  Your pictures came out great!  I especially love the one of you and your pals with James Storm!

The audience one was funny.  I was sitting over on the very far right up in around the second row so I was just out of camera range.

Glad you had a great time on your cruise as well!  (that's quite a sunburn you got there!)

Thanks Gerard for sharing all of your nice pictures with us.  Glad you made the fest after all!!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"