Author Topic: I think I have it figured out  (Read 1095 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I think I have it figured out
« on: August 08, 2002, 10:34:05 PM »
The writers for several episodes now felt they were in need of a vacation. Dan Curtis didn't agree. So they paid the cleaning crew an extra $20 to sit down and whip out a few scripts. Cleaning people were happy to comply and noone ever caught on.

Let's see, Nicholas Blair DESPERATELY wants in on this creating a human action. So.....he picks the spirit of the most evil woman, one that he has NO control over whatsoever. Uh huh.

Barney and Julia do their little 2nd human life experiment. It goes EXACTLY as the 1st one was supposed to. They are completely mystified by this outcome and highly suspicious that Eve has her awareness and intelligence intact. Mmmmhmmmm.

Adam discovers that he is actually a reasonable, tolerant and loving person. (He and Julia even had a fleeting conversation like two people, did you catch it?) It only took dear Eve to bring it out in him! I do hope we have heard the last of him saying someone else is RE - SPAWNS - EEE - BULL for anything and everything that he himself has insisted on. (Is that TOO much to ask?)

The human "life force" seems to actually require a death force. It worked with Barney who was one of the living dead. So it worked differently than intended and Adam came out with the physical aspect of Superman and the mental knowledge/awareness of a big block of tofu. It didn't work with Carolyn at all, naturally enough with her being ALIVE and all. With completely dead old Leonard Eldridge it worked perfectly!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: I think I have it figured out
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 11:02:18 PM »
I do hope we have heard the last of him saying someone else is RE - SPAWNS - EEE - BULL for anything and everything that he himself has insisted on. (Is that TOO much to ask?)

Much too much! [winkg]

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 12:03:59 AM »
The human "life force" seems to actually require a death force. It worked with Barney who was one of the living dead. So it worked differently than intended and Adam came out with the physical aspect of Superman and the mental knowledge/awareness of a big block of tofu. It didn't work with Carolyn at all, naturally enough with her being ALIVE and all. With completely dead old Leonard Eldridge it worked perfectly!

Good explanation kuanyin!

Connie

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 01:34:23 AM »
The writers for several episodes now felt they were in need of a vacation. Dan Curtis didn't agree. So they paid the cleaning crew an extra $20 to sit down and whip out a few scripts. Cleaning people were happy to comply and noone ever caught on.

LOL !

I, for one, would like to applaud the cleaning crew.  

-CLC

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2002, 02:47:20 AM »
I remember when I was a kid and DARK SHADOWS came on, they could have had the cleaning crew write every episode and I'd have still tuned in eagerly. I sometimes wonder if, once the show developed its unmistakable mystique (and corresponding jump in ratings), the writers counted on people being hooked to the point of overlooking glaring problems (on and off camera). Hell, look at those of us who've sat through the series countless times and still do, regardless of how we feel about certain particular subplots, characters, etc.

I would be the first one to admit that, at age 11, I figured that DS could absolutely do no wrong. I imagine I was not the only one. ;)

[shadow=navy,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2002, 03:44:38 AM »
I remember when I was a kid and DARK SHADOWS came on, they could have had the cleaning crew write every episode and I'd have still tuned in eagerly. I sometimes wonder if, once the show developed its unmistakable mystique (and corresponding jump in ratings), the writers counted on people being hooked to the point of overlooking glaring problems (on and off camera). Hell, look at those of us who've sat through the series countless times and still do, regardless of how we feel about certain particular subplots, characters, etc.

I would be the first one to admit that, at age 11, I figured that DS could absolutely do no wrong. I imagine I was not the only one. ;)

[shadow=navy,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

No, I don't think so either! And yes, here I sit watching it over and over EVEN the parts like this storyline that drive me nutty! I get terribly upset if the VCR doesn't record.  I agree that the writing staff took advantage of that popularity and the charisma of the actors to skate with thin efforts. However, to be fair, I'm sure that EVERY other soap opera of the time was just as silly!

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2002, 03:44:48 AM »
Hell, look at those of us who've sat through the series countless times and still do, regardless of how we feel about certain particular subplots, characters, etc.

I would be the first one to admit that, at age 11, I figured that DS could absolutely do no wrong. I imagine I was not the only one.

Yep, count me among those with a DS nose-ring, in place for decades now, and probably for decades to come!  [trendy!!]

[ :Dand Happy Nixon Resignation Day! :D]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2002, 05:47:39 AM »
Yep, count me among those with a DS nose-ring, in place for decades now, and probably for decades to come!  [trendy!!]

[ :Dand Happy Nixon Resignation Day! :D]

Me too no matter how maddening i finds parts of it now!

jennifer
Oh i remember him getting on that plane Ringo ;D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2002, 08:27:45 AM »
I do hope we have heard the last of him saying someone else is RE - SPAWNS - EEE - BULL for anything and everything that he himself has insisted on. (Is that TOO much to ask?)

LOL!!!  God Help Us, but I certainly hope so Kuanyin!!
But after all that crying & complaining, I somehow get the idea that we haven't heard the last of it yet, especially when he starts getting use to "his new mate!" :)

No Mark, you're definetely not the only one.  I felt the same way as you back then and still do now. Even with all the bloopers & things happening that make no sense at all sometimes,  I still am hooked on the show and watch it over & over again. ;)
"Calamity Jane"