Author Topic: Questions about vintage DARK SHADOWS TV GUIDE articles...  (Read 842 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Questions about vintage DARK SHADOWS TV GUIDE articles...
« on: August 08, 2002, 04:39:37 AM »
Hi folks.

Can someone who has a copy of the TV Guide with Sam Hall's DS wrapup article tell me what the cover is and the dates of the issue? I have a copy of the text, via Stuart Manning's site (www.collinwood.net) but I want to get the actual issue. Since there are no years printed on this era of issues, it's proven a bit difficult to locate. A cover scan would be great, too.

Also, are there any other issues that have notable Dan Curtis Tv film or DS articles or ads? I'd love to pickup issues with ads for Dr. Jekyll, Trilogy of Terror and others if they exist. :D

Thanks!
Darren

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about vintage DARK SHADOWS TV GUIDE articles...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 05:03:26 AM »
Darren-

The Tv Guide with the Hall wrap-up is the October 9-15 1971 issue, and it has a photo of Hope Lange and Dick Van Dyke on the cover.  Sorry I can't get to a scanner right away, but I hope this info helps.

Petofi

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 04:42:32 AM »
I'd love to pickup issues with ads for Dr. Jekyll, Trilogy of Terror and others if they exist.

Hi, Darren.

I used to have a TV Guide with a "close-up" of Jekyll/Hyde, with a picture of Palance as Jekyll.  I have no idea where it went.  Anyway, the issue was the week of January 6-12, 1968, and Jekyll aired on Sunday night, January 7.

Hope that helps a little in your search.

Brian

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 09:49:19 AM »
Thanks for the info, folks! ;D

D