Author Topic: Adam, the Profound  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Adam, the Profound
« on: August 06, 2002, 05:03:29 AM »
Quite interesting today what Adam said about love and Julia and her understated and almost disinterested responses. . .ironic that she actually said she knew more about **his kind** of love than any other types.  .. Didn't this girl ever get any?? Even back in high school or college?  No spin the bottle for Julia?

Okay I've asked in other forums but what about here .. how many think Julia is a virgin or NOT? State your reasons. . .
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Adam, the Profound
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 05:36:51 AM »
I could see Julia having some wild affair in college
but then again maybe not maybe why that is why she really likes Barnabas I mean vampires can't really do anything can they?

jennifer
i was reading this book recently about a man who becomes a vampire moves to England and becomes
a Jessica Fletcher type solving murders (forget the title) he claims he can still do something Pretty funny
and a good book!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 05:58:41 AM »
Dear Julia99,

Julia Hoffman and Dave Woodard, Harvard Medical School, circa 1952: Still waters run deep. (Or you can't judge a book by its cover.)

Bob the Bartender, avid Dear Abby reader

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 06:17:08 AM »
Dear Julia99,

Julia Hoffman and Dave Woodard, Harvard Medical School, circa 1952: Still waters run deep. (Or you can't judge a book by its cover.)

Bob the Bartender, avid Dear Abby reader

Bob LOL!  You think Julia killed her ex-boyfriend? I wonder why. . .::chuckles to self with suspected knowledge::  [jawdrp]

I do not think Julia was "unknown to man" per say but I'm not sure Dave was the one. . .
Julia99

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 06:51:02 AM »
I say Dr. Lang, too.  [or anybody with a stethoscope]

--- she may be like Tarzan, too.
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2002, 07:18:51 AM »
 .. Didn't this girl ever get any??

I can absolutely prove that she isn't a virgin. Because if she WERE, Barney would be interested!  :-*
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2002, 07:55:44 AM »

--- she may be like Tarzan, too.

Scandolous Ringo!![/size]

And K--you must be right. .I bet Barnabas read it in the RED Diary and thought. . no way. .this babe's been around!
Julia99

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2002, 07:57:21 AM »
I could see Julia having some wild affair in college

You think she waited that long?  ;D
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Nancy

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2002, 08:05:02 AM »
I don't assume one way or another about Julia's virginity.  I know stereotype dictates (especially during that time period) if you were over 40, single and career-minded, it just couldn't be that you ever had (or have) an interesting love life and decided to not pursue marriage.  I can honestly say I never wondered about Julia's virginity but I have no reason to assume one way or the other about her.

Re the discussion with Adam, I didn't see this ep.  Some people are not comfortable in discussing matters of the heart or even their general feelings about love with people they do not know or even someone of the sex they are attracted to in the first place.   I have known women like this but they still needed a lock put on their pants to stay out of trouble!  :o

nancy

Quite interesting today what Adam said about love and Julia and her understated and almost disinterested responses. . .ironic that she actually said she knew more about **his kind** of love than any other types.  .. Didn't this girl ever get any?? Even back in high school or college?  No spin the bottle for Julia?

Okay I've asked in other forums but what about here .. how many think Julia is a virgin or NOT? State your reasons. . .

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2002, 12:25:30 PM »
I doubt Julia was a virgin.  Professional gal though she was, I suspect she also had feelings, got horny and was very curious about sex.  So I think she experimented, if not in high school (she was a good girl, not a slut), in medical school, where the guys probably outnumbered her by quite a large margin and there was plenty of opportunity for experimentation of an erotic nature.

Love, Robin

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2002, 02:50:18 PM »
Hey gang,

Oh, the stories that the medical staff at Wyndcliff could tell!  Ah, I suppose that we can only speculate.

Bob the Bartender, who endeavors every day to keep his mind out of the gutter (and it's a struggle, what with being a fan of Dark Shadows!)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 11:57:11 PM »

I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Hoffman.

- Dr. Eric Lang, deceased.

I think a case can be made for Julia being a virgin. If one considers the time when she would have gotten her education, and the fact that she seems to have dedicated her life to her work, it's not that much of a stretch to perceive that "life" has really passed her by. I remember when she was first introduced on the show - she said she had been searching for someone like Barnabas all her life. He just may be her one and only.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2002, 07:08:02 AM »
I agree that Julia was fairly career-obsessed when we first meet her but there are other things that lead me to believe she gave **romance** a try, including:
**her insatiable curiosity about EVERTHING (I mean the girl crawled through a window to find a vampire! You think she was going to let sex alude her!),
**the way she taunted & flirted with B at the beginning,
**Her need to **know** everything,
**Her eventual allusion to having made a "choice" between medicine and a more traditional life (e.g. marriage and children) and last but not least,
**She displays some rather **knowing** looks on occassion. . .

That all said. . i think she had a terribly uninspiring and  dissatisfying love life or lover.  .hence her dedication to medicine.  Whomever he was, he was humdrum dud not stud. . .
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2002, 07:44:17 AM »
I agree that Julia was fairly career-obsessed when we first meet her but there are other things that lead me to believe she gave **romance** a try, including:
**her insatiable curiosity about EVERTHING (I mean the girl crawled through a window to find a vampire! You think she was going to let sex alude her!),
**the way she taunted & flirted with B at the beginning,
**Her need to **know** everything,
**Her eventual allusion to having made a "choice" between medicine and a more traditional life (e.g. marriage and children) and last but not least,
**She displays some rather **knowing** looks on occassion. . .

That all said. . i think she had a terribly uninspiring and  dissatisfying love life or lover.  .hence her dedication to medicine.  Whomever he was, he was humdrum dud not stud. . .

well put J99 and i totally agree!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV