Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0905  (Read 1147 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0905
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0905
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 06:39:18 AM »
Oh dear me, couldn't somebody have trimmed David Jay's bangs before he appeared on camera?

The car crash part of the Leviathan storyline is much more interesting than I remembered, because it seems to have bothered the coldly unflappable Barnabas, though not necessarily in the way that he says it has.  Incidentally, I'll bet Roger's wondering how Barnabas managed to get away with so little fuss from the police.

That little rattle that Carolyn came across was lovely, and beautifully polished, too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 07:24:34 PM »
Oh dear me, couldn't somebody have trimmed David Jay's bangs before he appeared on camera?

TPTB probably thought they helped to make him look adorably demented - sort of like a Dennis The Menace to the nth degree.  [wink2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
The opener is the same scene used at the end of the previous ep.  And why not, considering the technical marvel that was the auto "accident"?

The looks that B & J exchange when she first arrives at the hospital are priceless!

Poor Chris.  He must hate it when Mummy and Daddy fight.

Julia to Chris (about Grant Douglas):  "There [is] no indication that he ever had any job anywhere."
Yup, he's a Collins alright.  [cheesyg]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:15:56 AM »
Chris commented on the thoroughness of Julia's investigation of Grant Douglas, but I don't think he commented on the speed of it.  Even in 2009, with the internet and all, how long would it take to gather conclusive evidence that somebody had never had any job anywhere?  The Dark Shadows universe is strange and wonderful.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 01:45:40 AM »
The opener is the same scene used at the end of the previous ep.  And why not, considering the technical marvel that was the auto "accident"?

Poor Chris.  He must hate it when Mummy and Daddy fight.

Near-LOLs...

Barnabas is a very precise car-crasher.  Q's standing on the sidewalk about two feet from the shop, and BC hits him head-on while sparing the shop!   Good brakes!

Unconscious Q/Grant's right eyelid is twitchy.

My TV, VCR, or their cameras aren't quite coping with Julia's shocking-blue dress, or Carolyn's orange shirt.   

Barnabas drops in on Meg to prepare her for Alexander, my reaction at the time:  Nice over-the-top heads-up Barnabas gives Megan to say he'll be dropping by soon!   Heavy reverb, mood lighting....  Guess she didn't have an answering machine!   When Barnabas is held up someplace, like at the hospital in this case, and perhaps can't keep an appointment, does he always leave messages like this?   He's going to be late getting to the auto shop, and the mechanic hears Barnabas's booming voice coming from thin air, to say he'll be an hour late?

I imagined Barnabas's big dramatic echoey voice talking to Meg, immediately followed by the lights going back up, and the front door tinkling and opening, and Barnabas asking if she got the message, 'cause he likes to call first, since it's rude just to show up unannounced...

As Megan opens a wooden box, there's that music that might be my favorite.   It has a possibly slightly out-of-tune horn in it.   As much as I may be unable to get myself into a DS mood sometimes, this music snaps me back into it.   It implies that things are more dead serious than I know, no matter how little the scene may be affecting me otherwise.

[spoiler]How long has Q been hanging around in Maine, procrastinating about showing up?  Did he consider coming before he was "supposed" to, like in 1968 or early 1969?   What a temporal mess that would have been.....   Since David and Amy still remember Q's ghost after alive Q shows up, the ghost existed in both versions of reality!   So, alive Q could have come earlier, and met himself!  Or be haunted by himself....[/spoiler]

Why does snaky Barnabas care whether it's Q or not?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 04:40:07 AM »
Could Barnabas have been any colder to Chris and Julia? Am I reading into it too much if I say I think Barnabas was trying to drive his former friend to suicide by cruelly dashing his hopes? He clearly can't have Chris and Carolyn get back together since Carolyn is the number one prize for the Leviathans.

Even as a human, Barnabas is the master and he has others as his slaves. He doesn't have to use the Willie-beater on Megan and Philip...he commands them and they obey (especially Megan).