Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0171  (Read 733 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0171
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:03:45 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0171
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »
Laura was stiff and distant today.  She spoke words of concern and caring, but she spoke them coldly.  I don't think anybody would believe she really meant them.  Roger, however, seemed to take her at face value, despite the fact that he claimed a few episodes ago to know when she was lying.  I suppose that, as Carolyn says, he's just scared - too scared to see where the real danger lies.  The séance probably dredged up some childhood memories that he has been desperately trying to repress for the past thirty years, and he busy pushing them away.

Somewhere along the line, I started thinking about Nancy Barrett playing Vicky.  She tried out for the role, if I remember correctly.  Right now I'm having trouble imagining her as Vicky, but when I think of Charity Trask and Melanie Collins, it becomes easier.

Elizabeth chose a governess for David who doesn't speak French.  Oh, well, back then it was common to take Latin instead of French as one's first, and possibly only, foreign language.  Still, it surprises me.  I wonder if Maggie has picked up a few words of French from the French Canadian tourists who come down to the tropical paradise of Maine for their summer vacations.

Laura's visit to Vicky was scary, partly because we know what Laura can do, and partly because of the way she acted - those caring words spoken so coldly.  I might think, "Phoenix Laura has taken over human Laura completely," but I also thought earlier that Laura was acting very much like Roger's wife - or anyway, like his soon-to-be-ex-wife.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »
Carolyn does a nice job of defending Dr. Guthrie to Roger and reinforcing her role as temporary Mistress of Collinwood.

Vicki remembers part of the séance--she was engulfed in flames, while Laura stood by, watching and laughing. Why do all these terrible things keep happening since I arrived here? Vicki wonders.

Nancy Barrett would have made a very interesting Vicki. Not the same as AM, but definitely worth watching, I'm sure.

I had four years of French and three years of Latin in high school. But then again, I wasn't raised in a foundling home.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »
Are there any smelling salts in the house? No, but there's brandy.
Maybe I’m just tired, but this exchange kills me.

And then this:
Roger: I have something to say to you.
Peter: What it is?
Roger: One word. Goodbye.
LOL!!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »
Great moments both!   [snow_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 12:46:12 AM »
I bet Roger's going to take the brandy he poured to revive Vicki... no.  What willpower.   I'll bet that every time Roger's future ghost enters a room, everyone will smell the brandy on his breath.

"Dreams without dreaming", "sleeps without sleeping"-- is that what Laura does with the fire?

While Josette was using her body, was Vicki off somewhere having David's dream, only with sky fire raining down?

Laura's popping-into of somebody's bedroom #3!   And no one else mentioned it...   I love Vicki's reaction.   L: "You know something?"  V: "What?"  I love how stiffly she said that.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 05:37:02 AM »
The candle lights up the chalkboard in the opening and is then one of the seance candles in the opening sequence. This is the most terrifying night of Vickie's life? I think being on the verge of losing ones head to a small hatchet would be número UNO.  Laura speaks French but she didn't listen.  Roger wants Guthrie to leave, Laura wants Vickie to leave.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »
Laura speaks French but she didn't listen.
Yeah, right.  Her eyes were blazing in the end, as Vicky/Josette tried to say the name of the evil person.  But everybody was paying attention to Vicky, not to Laura.