Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0167  (Read 807 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0167
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0167
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:49:03 PM »
Alexandra Moltke looks like such a nice person, waving to the camera before the episode starts.  I like her so much better than I like Vicky.

Why is Laura running out of time?  I mean, I know the idea is that the phoenix self-immolates once every one hundred years, and I'm totally with the idea of the timing being precise down to the millisecond (does the earth have to be aligned with some particular celestial body in order for the sun's rays to be at the exactly correct angle to set fire to the nest?) but why didn't that fire in Phoenix AZ happen earlier so that Laura could come back to Collinsport earlier to snatch David?

Carolyn was an awful fool, going down to the cottage to tell Laura what - but I like that she did it, because it was so in character for Carolyn.

Watching Project

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have been posted.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »
Laura asks Roger to begin legal proceedings for divorce and custody. I thought he already had? Also, he doesn’t seem to be in as much a rush to hand David over to her.
Then we have Carolyn having doubts about a séance. Earlier she thought it would be a gas. Are the writers not keeping up with previous script context?

Who in Collinwood has a firm hold on their sanity? Ever?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:45:27 PM »
True, in the previous ep., Carolyn thought the séance would be a gas, but now she's nervous about it. Having it would mean acknowledging a lot of things that are beyond this mortal plane.

Roger is against the séance even though Dr. Guthrie points out that it would hasten his (Dr. G's) departure.

I say three cheers for Carolyn, who actually stands up to Laura!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 06:56:51 AM »
Good teaser.   What/where are the infinite blackness, and the light?   What relationship do these things and/or places have with Phoenixland?   Maybe that was just the legend, but she's supposed to have a real equivalent, to live happily in.   But them she spends years and years in this very imperfect world, bickering with husbands and being in institutions.   Is the bright place Phoenixland, which will explode into a colorful paradise, like Oz, once they arrive?   Is there some sort of dark corridor of nothingness between worlds?

Or is Laura just a supernatural creature who just happens also to be crazy, and imagining some of this, and getting David to?

PG says just before theme music that it might not have been a dream.  I liked pondering over the few seconds of the theme music the possibility that David was actually taken there for real, not in an influenced dream.

Good for Roger, calling Laura's bluff on her manslughter accusation threat.    No looks of mortification as he had half the time, in the first episodes.

Roger: (re seances): "I've never heard anything so foolish in my life!"  [milestone]   
??   First time Roger has made that classic statement that usually goes more like : "Why, I've never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life!!" ??

Let's see if this will work, for the time when Harry Johnson is introduced:  [millstone]   Nope...

LOL at Laura suddenly getting a look on her face indicating that she just realized Carolyn isn't interested in the scarf, then immediately offers it to Carolyn, who ignores her and goes on talking...   Also when she says "I'm afraid of storms."

Different closing announcer.   Maybe the regular one had to run home early from work to watch Dark Shadows.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 07:20:58 AM »
Vickie seemed very young in this episode as she sat on the floor by the fire recounting David's dream of Laura with the blazing eyes. Carolyn later feels trouble in the air and seems to be tuned into the spirits of Collinwood.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times