Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0166  (Read 1452 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0166
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:24:47 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0166
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »
The writers have apparently decided they have a winner in the Joe-Maggie relationship, and shut the door on the Joe-Carolyn one.  They must have gotten a pile of letters from the fans.  And Carolyn is fed up with Burke, too, so what will happen to her now?  She's young and blonde.  They cannot let her go for long without a man in her life!

On the other hand, Carolyn was looking very businesswomanlike today.  Her jacket and dress reminded me a lot of a jacket and skirt that Elizabeth wears, and I can't believe that was by chance.

I really enjoy the conversations between Vicky and Carolyn - the friendly ones, I mean.  I like Maggie better than either of them, but the friendship between Vicky and Carolyn seems right.  Maybe I see them as being at the same emotional temperature, whereas Maggie is much warmer.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Interesting conversation with Vicki and Carolyn today. Carolyn is taking her new role and responsibilities very seriously indeed. She even smothers David with a hug when he returns from the cottage.

Joe and Maggie are very sweet together, and she doesn't take any guff from him either.

David reports that Josette watched over him all night--he could smell her jasmine perfume.

Elizabeth must not be a bad employer, because Joe tells Carolyn that most people in town are sorry she's ill. Despite the split between him and Carolyn, he is doing serious work that involves one of Elizabeth's ledgers.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »
David reports that Josette watched over him all night--he could smell her jasmine perfume.
And yet it looked as though Laura had completely banished Josette from the cottage.  Did Laura smell the jasmine?  Whether she did or not, David would surely have been eager to tell her about it.  I don't think he did tell Laura, however, because she wouldn't have responded  graciously, and something of that would have shown in David's face when he told Vicky and Carolyn that Josette had watched over him.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »
Just what did Joe intend, with his "fishing" story?   Did he mean that he went fishing for babes at Collinwood, specifically Carolyn?   So, just a mean attempt to get Maggie jealous and fake her out?   By the end, after Joe reveals that he's Maggie's after all, are we and is she supposed to forget how the story started?

Did David really say Josette was there all night?   I thought he just said she was there.   I just saw it a few minutes ago, but I forget things.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 12:32:59 AM »
Just what did Joe intend, with his "fishing" story?   Did he mean that he went fishing for babes at Collinwood, specifically Carolyn?   So, just a mean attempt to get Maggie jealous and fake her out?   By the end, after Joe reveals that he's Maggie's after all, are we and is she supposed to forget how the story started?

I took it that he was just teasing her, but it did seem cruel.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:58:27 PM »
Carolyn seems to have left the girlish persona behind her and become motherly towards David. I liked their previous sibling like relationship. David sits by the fire as he mother does.  Does the more tme he spend with her make him more like her?  The Blue Whale is busy tonight.  I'm surprised the Collins family doesn't own it as a way to get their money back from the workers. Maggie and joe sure make a handsome couple.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »
Luckily, Carolyn hasn't left her girlish persona entirely behind. She thinks that even if nothing comes of it, the séance will still be a gas!  [snow_smiley]