Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1176  (Read 691 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1176
« on: March 22, 2011, 12:00:04 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1176
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:58:38 AM »
That staircase that Quentin built is really something.  Nice effect at the end, with the door opening into colorful nothingness.  Quentin built the staircase before he went off on his trip with Tad, if I remember correctly.  How did he make it work, and how was it that he didn't know that it worked?  It's like something alive, coming and going as it pleases in 1995 and 1970.  Funny how Judah/Gerard is working so hard to frame Quentin for witchcraft, when if the judges knew of this thing that Quentin actually accomplished, they'd be screaming "Off with his head!" before you could say Jack Robinson.  But I daresay it wouldn't be any fun for Judah if Quentin were convicted for something he had actually done.

And what exactly did Leticia feel as she started up the staircase?

I was surprised that Angelique wasn't caught in Gerard's room as she looked for the Head.  Isn't it standard Dark Shadows practice for people to get caught when they go snooping in other people's rooms, especially if their motives are pure?  Incidentally, I must add that Angelique with pure motives is not the pleasing sight that it ought to be.  She's still more self-absorbed than I can stomach.  Flora's red cape, on the other hand, was quite pleasing to my eyes.

I was surprised to see Leticia telling fortunes with ordinary playing cards instead of Tarot cards.  Did the Dark Shadows Tarot deck get lost?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:14:31 PM »
Why didn't they arrest Leticia and Julia for their Headscapades?  ***  Julia's story for Ang about her coming to 1840 leaves out the zombies.

Their goal is to prevent a veangeful Gerardah spirit in 1970 Collinwood, but won't defeating all his plans and probably destroying him make him veangeful?

Good q Lydia, I wonder what traversing the stairway feels like.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
I always wondered why Leticia and Julia weren't arrested myself. I'm glad they weren't though.

Only explanation I can come up with is, since Desmond was the one who brought the head into Collinsport in the first place, and at Quentin's request, they alone bear the responsibility for all of the supernatural madness the head causes as well as other 'converts' the head enlists. Probably not a very good and logical explanation, but it's the only one I can think of.