Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1241  (Read 873 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1241
« on: June 21, 2011, 04:28:47 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1241
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:26:14 AM »
Jonathan Frid wasn't at his best today.  He kept reminding me of Barnabas instead of Bramwell, and he didn't seem to have too good a grip on his lines.  Oh, well, no big deal.

Karlen and Hall were great, with Julia tearing apart Kendrick's assertion that he's going to rid Collinwood of the curse.  I probably believed Kendrick back in 1971 when I was young and stupid like Kendrick, but now I'm older than Julia, and I know she's right.  Incidentally, I have to watch that scene outside the Tower room again sometime.  Julia held the tray for Melanie all the way through it, I believe.  If I were playing Julia (ha! me an actress?  heaven forbid!), that would have driven me crazy, but I didn't notice it until the end of the scene.

Oh, gosh, Catherine.  "Bramwell, you shouldn't be here!"  And does she do the smart thing and stay out in public where everybody can see she's not engaging in any hanky-panky with him, or, even better, dash up to her room and lock Bramwell out?  Oh, no, she shuts the two of them into drawing room alone so everybody will be sure that there's hanky-panky aplenty.  I'm starting to wonder what Bramwell sees in her - but that's a silly thought.  I know what he sees in her.  Daphne would have been much smarter in this situation, but intelligence isn't what attracts Bramwell.

And oh, gosh, Morgan.  I congratulate him: this must be the happiest day of his life.  He's finally the found the proof that he was desperately seeking, that Bramwell is a villain beyond the pale.  These days I keep wondering if, when James Forsythe was expelled from Morgan's mind, a little bit of Brutus crept in at the same time.

Spellcheck can be so interesting sometimes.  It doesn't like "hanky-panky".  I guess it's siding with Morgan.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:34:28 PM »
Bram's ship came in, but he's still in the scruffy suit.   Always a tie, though more like half a tie, so perhaps he got it from a child... Lydia, I'm glad you found interesting things to say, to make up for my deficit here.    Points for "hanky-panky aplenty"...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:51:21 PM »
Bram's ship came in, but he's still in the scruffy suit.

[spoiler]Not for long now, if I remember correctly.[/spoiler] Anyway, Bramwell's ship may have come in, but he may still be selling off the cargo, so he might still be short of cash. Meanwhile, he's also (presumably) organizing Daphne's funeral and lurking about with Catherine. At least he has the grace to be taken aback when Kendrick tells him he's going into the Locked Room--and to be angry about the fact that Melanie has suffered more than anyone else.

Bramwell enjoys baiting Morgan too much for his own good, but I guess the temptation would be hard for anyone to resist.

Poor Kendrick! He must be in the pit of despair after seeing Melanie/Amanda. Her final words to him sent a shiver up my spine. Yes, a great scene with him and Julia--who is rather surprisingly sympathetic.

The servants may be invisible to the rest of us, but somehow Bramwell has managed to cultivate them as an informal network of spies. And now Morgan has seen and heard that supposedly secret meeting at the gazebo. Things are reaching critical mass!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 05:55:22 PM »
Thanks to whoever moderated what should have been hidden content. Type in haste, repent at leisure.