Author Topic: Vampubas  (Read 1557 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Vampubas
« on: September 16, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »
Just for fun cousins, I was 'strolling' through my hard drive the other day and came across these old pictures of Bobubas dressed up as 'Vampubas'!  This was Halloween 1998 and StarryAstrid did the make-up.  We were all visiting Karlenfan for Chiller 1998.  I think he may have even done his own version of the Barn-A-Buck, remember those?  But he called it Bob-U-Buck, LOL!  Enjoy!!   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Vampubas
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 05:03:58 PM »
You're giving me flashbacks, Buzz.  First it was those pictures, then I remembered PostCool1 handing out Barnabucks at the MGM Grand... to everybody, even if they weren't there for the Fest.  And I'm pretty sure there's a Bobubuck lying around here somewhere.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 05:13:22 PM »
This was Halloween 1998 and StarryAstrid did the make-up.
Are these the "before" or "after" photos?  [a2a3]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 05:58:24 PM »
You're giving me flashbacks, Buzz.  First it was those pictures, then I remembered PostCool1 handing out Barnabucks at the MGM Grand... to everybody, even if they weren't there for the Fest.  And I'm pretty sure there's a Bobubuck lying around here somewhere.
LOL. Yes, Postcool1 immoratalized me by morphing my photo into the Barnabuck. Great memory Midnite. :)

This was Halloween 1998 and StarryAstrid did the make-up.
Are these the "before" or "after" photos?  [a2a3]
You are a little devil MsCriseyde, and I have the photo to prove it. So be VERY nice to me >:D  ;)

These photos Buzz posted bring back some great Dark Shadows related memories. Several of us had gathered from across the country to see Jonathan Frid perform his one man show at Hofstra University on Long Island. If memory serves me correct the show was on Nov. 7th or 8th of 1998. Anyway, the week before several of us went to Chiller theatre, as well as a big Halloween parade in NYC. Some us had costumes , some of us went as ourselves.  ;) The day before the Frid Show(s) ( The man did a matinee AND evening performance) many of us were treated to a special presentation of Mr. Frid's show at the home of Helen Samaras, who along with Nancy Kersey, were responsible for Mr. Frid putting his show on. The next day I was lucky enough to assist Mr. Frid backstage  before the matinee performance. I even rode to the Frid show in Mr. frid's car with him.  ;D I documented that day in a post on the Yahoo Frid boards. Maybe Nancy can 'dig up" a link to it.  ;D

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 06:36:16 PM »
these old pictures of Bobubas dressed up as 'Vampubas'! ... his own version of the Barn-A-Buck, remember those?  But he called it Bob-U-Buck, LOL!

Copies of those photos as well as a copy of a Bob-U-Buck are in the Members' Archive.  ;)  Not that the Members' Archive is actually accessible to any members at the moment.  :-   But it will be - one day - I promise!  [lghy]  (And actualy, some of the new features in SMF 1.1 are perfectly designed for the Members' Archive, so once the final version is released, it's going to help make the archive's return that much quicker.)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 07:50:05 PM »
I'm relieved you used the word "lucky" Bob, lol. After that little experience I thought you would be ready to kill me.  I'll see if I can "dig" up the link.

Nancy

The next day I was lucky enough to assist Mr. Frid backstage  before the matinee performance. I even rode to the Frid show in Mr. frid's car with him.  ;D I documented that day in a post on the Yahoo Frid boards. Maybe Nancy can 'dig up" a link to it.  ;D

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 07:55:31 PM »

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 08:09:37 PM »
Backstage at the Frid Show

Great posting! Really enjoyed reading about your day with Mr. Frid!!
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."