Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0421  (Read 790 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0421
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »
Robservations #421

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0421

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:22:17 PM »
We don't see josette's immediate reaction to the bite, an important moment I'd have thought.   Dissolve from coffin to Josette stretched out in bed (as if in coffin).

How could Barnabas have possibly resisted Josette's total acceptance?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
In the reshoot, Josette is wearing a much prettier white nightgown with matching robe. And my notes say that Barn bites the other side of her neck.

At the jail, Vicki tells the countess that on the last day of Josette's life, she will lose a black onyx ring. (Why Vicki didn't recognize the ring on Barn's hand as identical to the one "her" Barn wears we will never know.) The countess storms out in a rage.

Peter persuades Vicki to see things as his contemporaries do. At long last, she realizes the enormity of her own error--and how much danger she is in. Seeing her realization--and her dawning terror--Peter asks softly, Would you mind staying in my time? She allows him to take her in his arms and returns his embrace. As they kiss, he murmurs, You're just a girl. I'll make you forget the rest of it.

Once more, Barnabas comes to Josette's room. He is concerned that she is angry and that in order for them to be together, he'll have to do things that she might not like (!). As long as we can be together, she vows, nothing else matters. Fervently Barnabas declares, You could not be more my wife than you are now. She is thrilled beyond words when he takes off his onyx ring. Placing it on her finger, he says, This will be a pledge of our eternal love.

The next morning, Josette is even more disoriented than the night before. The countess is horrified to see that she is wearing Barnabas's onyx ring….

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:26:20 PM »
At least we get an acknowledgement of Vicky accepting that Burke is dead.  For her, its been a few months since his plane crash.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:22:57 AM »
Too bad Vicki can't leave a warning note for Burke someplace, on very sturdy paper...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
A long time from now, someone will write a very nice letter to someone else in the future. That someone else will actually read the letter and do the right thing.  [snow_wink]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 05:59:09 AM »
The redo of the biting of Josette has much better lighting and the other side is bitten. Josette wants no sun in her room as Aunt Natalie tries to open the drawn drapes. Josette has once again changed her mind and does not want to leave.  The wall in Josette's room now has moundlings to hide the secret door which we actually see open for the first time when Barnabas enters the room walking instead of flying in.
The great love across time has begun with Peter and Vickie kissing. Vickie finally has realized how foolish she was to go around talking of the the future and trying to change it. It was nicely played by AM. Peter wonders if Vickie ever thought of staying in the past.  Does she have a choice?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 04:05:45 AM »
The reshoot seemed rushed to me. Andre is in New York? I was wondering where he was. Perhaps Daniel is with him (I guess I am never going to drop the Daniel thang). Very interesting scene between Josette and Natalie in Josette's bedroom. I think the direction was not very good, I thought KLS acted a bit too over the top but not in a chewing the scenery type of way. But whatever, it was totally acceptable.

Moltke looks young and fresh. The scene with Vicki explaining the future to Peter was pretty cool. The whole second half of the jail scene was very soap opera-ish.

Barn & Josette - I like it, but I am wondering what the hell goes wrong?!!! Well, I know what goes wrong but you really don't see it coming. Too bad a wrench gets thrown into the workings. The whole Barn/Josette vampire romance seems quite acceptable and promising.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:09:25 PM »
I'm sort of surprised that no one seems to have taken note of one of the "milestones" in this ep. Yes, I believe it was the first time that Roger Davis took a handful of Alexandra Moltke's hair:

Granted, this instance was somewhat subtle. Though it's also the first. And little could poor Alexandra Moltke know what she would soon be in for -[spoiler]especially once RD gets into portraying Jeff Clark in, uh, all his gusto.[/spoiler]But then, that was but one of the complaints she had about working with him.  [easter_wink]