Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0977  (Read 727 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0977
« on: September 17, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »
Robservations #977

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0977

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 06:37:34 PM »
Grayson VO, in maid mode.  Barnabas's injections must stop...  They're only just barely dealing with Sky's existence in the story at all, now.  Was that a closet he was hanging in?  How convenient.  Just close the closet door, and get him back out when he's needed, if ever!  We hear they, someone, found him and Sabrina, and set them free. 

Mr. Frid is engaged again, finding acting to do that he can sink his teeth into.  He really gets across the deeper need for blood, and the moral struggle.  Sabrina appears at Old House, he bites.  Chris finds bite marks on her, end.  By Violet Welles.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »
Welcome, parallel Chris Collins--now a full-fledged family member and presumably a non-lycanthropic descendent of the 1897 PT Quentin. He is quite properly dismayed that PTBruno is ensconced in the PT cottage. Helpfully for us, PT Elizabeth says, You manage the estate--I hope that there’s some way of stopping Bruno from moving into the cottage. You mean he isn’t just passing through? parallel Chris asks in dismay. I promise to do something about it. Roger laughs at Elizabeth. You’re trying to protect Quentin and his “new little bride” from the “big bad Bruno” and all the others, he sneers--it’s useless. Whatever you may have felt about Angelique, Quentin is bringing Mrs. Collins back, Chris points out. Looking up at Angelique’s portrait, Roger sarcastically asks, Don’t you realize that Mrs. Collins has never left? He walks toward the doorway where our Roger and Barnabas are watching. As he steps into the doorway, the whole scene suddenly vanishes, and our Roger and Barnabas find themselves staring into an empty room.

Nice conversation between our Roger and Barn about PT. Roger warns Barn to think carefully about what he's planning to do, but will Barn listen? Ha! Roger lingers and marvels to himself, Now all I can see is a dark, empty room. Yet somewhere, our other lives are continuing. Somewhere, Roger Collins loves and hates and hopes for things that I know nothing about.

Julia gives Barn his last injection, with an observation about how his system has evolved an immunity to the old formula. Sure enough, at dawn, Barn starts to feel like something is going horribly wrong. A short time later, Julia has gotten Barnabas into a chair. How do you feel? she asks anxiously. I’ve never felt this way before, but I know I’m not cured, he replies somberly. I’m sorry, Julia says, greatly upset. There’s no time for that now, Barnabas says. He is barely able to stand and asks Julia to help him downstairs.

Nice scene with Chris and Sabrina: Sabrina is waiting at the cottage when Chris returns, and they embrace. He is overjoyed that she is free. I’m all right, she assures him, but Bruno is dead. How did it happen? Chris asks, dreading the answer. Sabrina simply stares down. Wearily Chris says, Oh, never mind. He moves away from her toward the fireplace as he adds, Don’t tell me. Now I know whose blood this is, don’t I? Sabrina says, Bruno would have tried to destroy you time and time again, so he had to die. Otherwise, he would have killed me. She explains, After Bruno died, the police searched his house and found me and Sky Rumson. I told the police I didn’t know why Bruno asked me to come to his house. He just locked me up when I got there. Now that Bruno is gone, I want to start planning. As always, Chris rejects the idea that they have a future: The only thing we have to worry about is each other, he says. He goes into the bedroom as Sabrina tells herself, I have to convince him it’s the only way he can be safe. Roger arrives to see Chris. Chris had a bad night, Sabrina tells him. I was here taking care of him. Having changed his torn shirt to a picturesque gray sweater, Chris emerges from the bedroom, and Roger asks to talk to him privately. Once they’re alone, Roger says, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to get you any help--then all of a sudden you were gone. Chris says, with perfect truth, I don’t remember leaving Bruno’s house or getting here or anything else till I came to. I assume Bruno must have drugged me. Roger says, I was hoping you could tell me why Carolyn was there. I can’t help you, Chris says apologetically.

Roger comments, I suppose you weren’t entirely displeased, after the way Bruno treated you, to learn that Bruno was killed. I am never happy to hear about anyone being killed, Quentin’s great-grandson answers somberly. It was horrible, Roger comments. Bruno was killed by an unnatural animal. I’m glad you’re feeling better and that you have such a devoted nurse. They exchange polite goodbyes, but Roger declares, I’m going to get an answer to this, even though Bruno is dead and gone.

After Roger leaves, Chris frets that he suspects something. He fears that Roger or someone less well disposed toward him will bring the police. Sabrina insists that they can work things out, but Chris makes a harsh comment about "Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Jennings, at home in their vine-covered cell." Don’t be cruel, Sabrina pleads. He says flatly, I won’t marry you. Death would be too close to us constantly. He stalks back to the bedroom.

JF does a great job of portraying Barnabas's now desperate need for blood.

Sometime later, Roger and Julia are looking at the empty room in the East Wing. Roger is telling her about his experience but quickly notices she seems distracted. Before Julia has to explain, Elizabeth suddenly arrives. What are you doing? she asks them. I saw the lights in the empty East Wing. [Someone dashes in front of the set.] We were just looking around, Roger answers. Elizabeth observes, There must be something very special here, because suddenly everyone is interested in the East Wing. All right, Roger says. I’ll tell you. You’ll be stunned at what you hear.

Poor Sabrina is in exactly the wrong place at the wrong time. She stumbles back to the cottage, and Chris makes a horrifying discovery....

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 09:32:27 PM »
Lots of stuff going on. Roger is quite at the center of things. The scene where he visits Chris and Sabrina is nicely written and played well by all three. He does seem determined to look into the circumstances regarding Bruno's death but this is a plotline that never goes any further.
Sabrina and Chris are so sweet together, much like Maggie and Joe had been. I so wanted them to get together, curse or no curse.
Interesting stuff in the parallel time room. Chris is one of the family there, though I think his last name should be Jennings. Chris seems to have a warm enough relationship with Elizabeth. Not so much with Roger, but, thus far, no one seems to care much for Roger. Does he seem to regard himself as Angelique's Henry Higgins?
Julia's injections seem to amplify Barnabas's blood lust to an extreme. He's unable to control himself and poor Sabrina has very bad timing. Chris finds the marks on her neck. Will he put two and two together?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 12:20:27 AM »
Unc, your HH remark re: Roger suddenly made me think of LAURA - you know, the portrait of a dead girl and those who loved her - I am seeing Roger in the Clifton Webb role (of course), lol. Obviously this is a take on Rebecca, but...it was a fun few seconds thinking about it.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 12:58:29 AM »
Roger suddenly made me think of LAURA - you know, the portrait of a dead girl and those who loved her - I am seeing Roger in the Clifton Webb role (of course), lol. Obviously this is a take on Rebecca, but...it was a fun few seconds thinking about it.
I think you may well have picked up on something there, dom. Though the Rebecca stuff kicks in big time after Barnabas crosses over, this part of the story definitely references Laura.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 05:25:46 AM »
Totally surprised to see Daphne arrive at the Old House. Of course once I saw her there I knew her fate. And everyone seems to be learning about PT.  Quite  the change from all the secrets.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times