Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0186  (Read 1881 times)

Offline MysticScribe

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0186
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
Interesting that every century, some unsuspecting couple in the Murdoch family had a daughter, who they had no idea was really a Phoenix!  Perhaps they are another cursed family.
Good thought. DS mined just about everything, why not mythology? The gods were always siring offspring with mortal humans and another angry god or goddess would take out their ire on the child in some way.
"I think I'll just go into Collinsport and get drunk." ~ Tim Shaw

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 02:09:25 AM »
David says he feels a restless wind in the Old House. Laura knows of the planned seance but I suppose since Guthrie is dead she figures they will cancel it.  The determined Vickie is back and she goes forward. I can see now,after all she has said about her past in the orphanage, that she is the adult version of David. Maybe I've realized this before and forgotten, but seeing them together lately has reinforced it.  Sam is really the most dramatic person.  The overhead shots are nice. It would have been fun if they used them more say as a bats perspective. They learn from David Radcliffe that a little house by the sea will burn.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 02:21:21 AM »
I take it for granted that Laura has existed continuously as an adult for centuries, at her present age.   If she goes to this other world, does she decide every so often to be reincarnated again into the "real" world as a baby?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
That's an interesting question. Another story line a long time from now will have a kind of answer.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 03:45:38 PM »
If, as DarkLady suggests, phoenicism hits at puberty, shouldn't David have been born in a shell?  Roger wouldn't have known; those were the days when the father-to-be paced in the waiting room.

And MysticScribe's mention of gods siring offspring with humans made me think of Leda and the Swan (and Yeats's fantastic poem).  Like Magnus, I have always assumed that Laura has existed for centuries, but maybe she's a fairly recent creation - an all-American (well, half-American) phoenix, spawned in 1667, and her mother was a prim and proper Puritan maiden before bedding a bird.