Author Topic: Are you the only one?  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Bouchard

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique Bouchard is the BEST
    • View Profile
Are you the only one?
« on: June 02, 2002, 02:05:55 PM »
:Dhello everyone! i'm sure quite a few of you know who i am by now, and to tell you, i love Dark Shadows even more! today, i am settling a deal with someone to buy 6 volumes of the series, volumes 29-35 (i have volume 28, i'm collecting the 1795 episodes first). well, enought about that, and back to the topic.

are you the only 1 who watches Dark Shadows in your household or town? or, do you have a sibling that likes watching too, or u have a buddy in town that watches it with you? i hate to say it, by i watch Dark Shadows alone. i wish i had someone to chat with while watching the show. :(

There's now something in my signature, because I do want something in my signature

~~BrandonBouchard

Offline Bouchard

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique Bouchard is the BEST
    • View Profile
Re: Are you the only one?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 02:09:05 PM »
volumes 29-35

i ment volumes 29-34

There's now something in my signature, because I do want something in my signature

~~BrandonBouchard

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 04:57:53 PM »
:Dhello everyone! i'm sure quite a few of you know who i am by now, and to tell you, i love Dark Shadows even more! today, i am settling a deal with someone to buy 6 volumes of the series, volumes 29-35 (i have volume 28, i'm collecting the 1795 episodes first). well, enought about that, and back to the topic.

are you the only 1 who watches Dark Shadows in your household or town? or, do you have a sibling that likes watching too, or u have a buddy in town that watches it with you? i hate to say it, by i watch Dark Shadows alone. i wish i had someone to chat with while watching the show. :(

As far as i know i watch it alone know there are others in the Boston area though!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 05:38:24 PM »
No one among my circle (friends or work) watches.  It was that way when I was a kid watching too.  They don't know what they are missing! 8)
MM

hooked

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2002, 05:46:25 PM »
I watch it with my children who have no choice because they are home schooled and stuck with me and my obsession (they love it too though).

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2002, 05:57:35 PM »
No one who knows me would DARE sit down to watch DS with me.  I'M the only one allowed to sit there and make disparaging remarks and yell instructions at the TV.  If my husband or daughter tried to "join in the fun" there'd be mayhem in short order.

The friend who watched with me when we were kids in the 60's would be welcome any time....but she lives too far away now.

Actually, the Siberian sits with me.  But that's mostly because before I sit down to watch, I make a cup of tea and grab a cookie or 2 and she'll sit through anything for a cookie! [lghy]

And yes, her ears do prick up when she hears the dogs howling....I should have named her Willie!!

Raineypark

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2002, 10:23:59 PM »
Yes, I'm the only one who watches it, although my mom used to, and a lot of my friends' moms used to, but they don't anymore. I have one friend who will "suffer through" an episode once in a while if I'm totally adamant about showing her something. She did watch NODS with me, and got REALLY freaked out by the end -- Quentin's eyes are almost as scary as Angelique's!!  :o amazing!  8)
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2002, 12:24:41 AM »
No one who knows me would DARE sit down to watch DS with me.  I'M the only one allowed to sit there and make disparaging remarks and yell instructions at the TV.  If my husband or daughter tried to "join in the fun" there'd be mayhem in short order.

I know just what you mean! How dare they? You MUST be a fan in order to make comments.

My older son watches with me once in a while, but he has a hard time being quiet enough, so it doesn't usually last long. He is a fan though, AND he is too young to realize the show could be disparaged!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2002, 12:25:27 AM »

My daughter watches Dark Shadows with me when I put on a tape, she's at school when it comes on Sci Fi. My Mom always watches it when she comes over. My brother that I used to watch it with when we were kids is supposed to visit me sometime before too long hopefully, I know he will watch it too. I need to ask my oldest brother if he ever watched it, I don't remember.  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2002, 01:46:14 AM »
These days, I watch alone, hubby and son are not interested, and both make disparaging comments or yell, "BARNABAS!" at me at the oddest moments.  I don't mind them.  They just don't get it!

As a teen, I had my entire group of friends watching it, but we never watched together; we'd watch at our respective homes, then discuss it on the phone or at school the next day.  They found my obsessive attitude unnerving and eventually all of them but one quit watching.  Actually, I think they were all very enthralled by 1795 but stopped liking it during the Adam storyline.  

Love, Robin

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2002, 01:52:43 AM »
Yes, unfortunately I watch alone too.  :'(  My mom, the original viewer in the family, used to watch with me in the beginning, but no more.  Until I went to my first Festival two years ago, I felt like I was the only one in the world who watched it.  Although I frequent the discussion forums and recently learned that a former teacher is also a DS fan, I do wish that I had other people with whom to watch "live".  

It hit me about a week ago (now that it's too late to pull it off) that I should have tried to start a DS club at my school.  Since so many story lines are based on classic works of literature, I probably could have persuaded an English teacher to be the sponsor and bribed a few friends to come to the meetings/episode viewings.  It might have lead to some fairly academic discussions and a few new fans.

Oh, well.  Maybe somebody else can give it a shot.

ProfStokes

Offline mordecaigrimes

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2002, 03:15:34 AM »
Hey Prof!

Why don't you start a club in your drama class?  What better way to bring it to life than to perform some story lines of your own?

Too bad you didn't think of that club sooner.  I could have been persuaded into being the sponsor.  I'd have figured out a way to incorporate it into our performing arts productions as well.   8)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2002, 03:16:38 AM »
I am about the only one i know around my area(Alabama) that watches the show.My six year old little cousin is very intrerested in it also.Whenever i let her come stay the weekend with me, we watch a few episodes of Dark Shadows together.We are both at such bliss while we are watching the show.She is so smart for her age and she understands almost everything.If she doesn't..she won't hesitate to ask me.At least, i figure, we have a few younger kids who may grow up to like the show and even watch it if sci-fi keeps it going.-Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2002, 06:22:13 AM »
I'm the only one in my household who watchs it. My mom saw a part of the episode on Volume 4 of Col Series where Roger and the doctor are talking..she said it looked primitive to her.  :o

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2002, 07:22:05 AM »
My two teenage daughters use to watch it with me once in awhile, but now more "interesting" things have them occupied.  ?!?

I am lucky enough to have both my parents living downstairs from me and at night, the three of us will sit down together to watch the show.  (I tape it then watch it at night)  It's like a nightly ritual for us.  Before my younger sister got married a year ago, she also use to sit and watch it with us.  I also have two older sisters out of state, who while  visiting us, will sit down and watch it too! Im not kiddin when I say it's a real family affair with us! ;)
"Calamity Jane"