Author Topic: The Reckless Moment (1949) Joan Bennett film screens in Berkeley CA  (Read 835 times)

David

:D

The Pacific Film Archive in Berkeley CA is having a tribute to the great director Max Ophuls this summer.
Scheduled films include the superb The Reckless Moment (1949) starring beloved Joan Bennett.
This film screened in 2004 at the Castro Theatre in SF as part of the annual Film Noir Fest, where I saw it.
Joan is wonderful in this, her strongest big screen role outside of her Fritz Lang films.

The Reckless Moment screens on Fri July 27th at 8:50 PM. The 7PM co-feature is Caught with Barbara Bel Geddes.

For more info:
www.bampfa.berkeley.edu

David  

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: The Reckless Moment (1949) Joan Bennett film screens in Berkeley CA
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 08:20:25 PM »
I wish I were still in Berkeley.  Sort of.   A frustrating place, too.   Better than here.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: The Reckless Moment (1949) Joan Bennett film screens in Berkeley CA
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 04:22:32 AM »
quite o.t. however...

tonight t.c.m. aired the film "topper" starring joan's sister constance bennett.i sort of expected a blond joan but she looked and sounded very different.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.