Author Topic: Who's getting excited?  (Read 894 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Who's getting excited?
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:18:53 PM »
I know I am. I woke up at 2AM and haven't been able to go back to sleep. I'm leaving tonight a midnight. I live in Augusta Ga. so it's a long drive, something like 14 hours. We're going to make a few stops in D.C. to check out some things. I'm gonna have a few beers and see if they'll help me get to sleep.

Anyway, I'll see you real soon.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Who's getting excited?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:31:03 AM »
I know I am. I woke up at 2AM and haven't been able to go back to sleep. I'm leaving tonight a midnight. I live in Augusta Ga. so it's a long drive, something like 14 hours. We're going to make a few stops in D.C. to check out some things. I'm gonna have a few beers and see if they'll help me get to sleep.

Anyway, I'll see you real soon.

Dude. Next time you do this, get in touch with me. I live outside of Aiken, SC and would treasure a car pool thingie back home.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:20:58 AM »
I hope there is a next time. Look for me, I'll be wearing my "Welcome To Georgia" Frankenstein shirt on Friday.
May you die before you want too.

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:28:14 AM »
I feel a little more anticipation now--- was not overly excited at first, like one or two prior DSFs where conditions and events did not go well for me...  Maybe because of the lateness of the announcement, disappointment that it wasn't going to be Hollywood again, missing some friends who couldn't attend, and the fear that it was too late to prize out the necessary days.  My time off is literally sandwiched between 2 co-workers who informed the boss months ago that they were taking long trips back to their homelands, and some of whose duties must be covered by yours truly.  Plus some complications finding a room-mate on short notice.

And packing never gets easier---  I need to do what I'd heard another Fest-goer used to, in years past, which was planning out a DSF wardrobe on the computer!  (It's a special occasion, so I like to be "put together" and with these hot flashes, I really need the extra clothes.)  One never knows how much stuff one uses every day until one is forced to pack said stuff.  Plus doing a dozen last-minute chores in the house, buying some last-minute stuff (OMG, I actually ran out of film, and also  bought the new front tire I'd been putting off)  and making sure the cat-sitter (my son) remembers the drill.

But all is now settled,  and around noon on Thursday i shall happily be on my way....
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO