Author Topic: DS memorabilia auction?  (Read 714 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
DS memorabilia auction?
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »
I know I'm full of question but what can I say, I wanta know what to expect. Anyway do you get to see what being auctioned off before the auction? I don't want to bid on something only to have something that I want alot more to come up later.

Thanks for any info. you give.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: DS memorabilia auction?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:39:56 AM »
I wasn't aware they were doing an auction this year. But at any rate, what happens is, they have the items on display and invite the audience up to the stage to get a bird's eye view of what's for sale. They also have folks run about on stage, during the auction, with every item up for bid, displaying and describing each and every piece. It's quite fun, really. They do a great job.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: DS memorabilia auction?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:06:48 AM »
Yea, I didn't think they were having an auction this year either, or that they were going to have a Collinsport Players Skit, but they're both in the line up, so apparently they are happening.

What Janet described is correct. They'd like the line to move faster than what it really does, but people like to stop and look at what they're going to bid on, of course. But it is a lot of fun and last year they had some really great stuff, so I hope they have awesome stuff again this year, too!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran