Author Topic: Where's The Caption This! Board?  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Where's The Caption This! Board?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 10:27:14 PM »
I am not seeing Caption This or Calendar Events/Announcements.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 10:31:49 PM »
J the W,

On the Home page, locate "Members' Mausoleum," and if there are no listings under it, it means it has been collapsed and all you have to do is click it to uncollapse.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 10:32:23 PM »
It's on the homepage again. But now there appears to be a new rule that you can only do 20 captions a day. I wonder if this is new, seems to be since I believe I did more than 20 captions the first day I was here.

Alondra

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 12:27:25 AM »
J the W,

On the Home page, locate "Members' Mausoleum," and if there are no listings under it, it means it has been collapsed and all you have to do is click it to uncollapse.

Oh, boy. Am I dumb. Thank you, Midnight. We're in business again!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 01:51:47 AM »
It's on the homepage again. But now there appears to be a new rule that you can only do 20 captions a day. I wonder if this is new, seems to be since I believe I did more than 20 captions the first day I was here.
I'm having trouble getting the homepage.  Keep getting "Database Error" message when I try to access the home page.  I can see my "new replies" and "unread posts since last visit" links.  I haven't heard of this new rule of only 20 captions per day?  What does that mean?  One can't post more than 20 screen grabs or one can't post more than 20 captions to the pictures?  Anyone have a link to this rule so I can read it?  I don't know why I can't get my home page with the episode pix and folders to all the forums. :(
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 04:07:22 AM »
I'm having trouble getting the homepage.  Keep getting "Database Error" message when I try to access the home page.  I can see my "new replies" and "unread posts since last visit" links.  I haven't heard of this new rule of only 20 captions per day?  What does that mean?  One can't post more than 20 screen grabs or one can't post more than 20 captions to the pictures?  Anyone have a link to this rule so I can read it?  I don't know why I can't get my home page with the episode pix and folders to all the forums. :(

There was an error in one of the captions for the slideshow. An apostrophe that should have typed as ' wasn't. The database is soooo picky!  :D

As for the Caption This! error, there's absolutely no need to worry about it. If you get it - and it's very unlikely that most cousins ever will - you'll see what it's all about.  :)  Until then, just keeping posting as you always have been...

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 04:12:03 AM »
 :D I got that message today as I was fixing to do yet another caption. I've been having fun with that, and did not know there was a 20 per day rule. So now I have to wait til tomorrow to do any more captions.

Alondra

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 04:13:25 AM »
As for the Caption This! error, there's absolutely no need to worry about it. If you get it - and it's very unlikely that most cousins ever will - you'll see what it's all about.  :)  Until then, just keeping posting as you always have been...

OH one of those DS mysteries, can't find out until I step foot into that arena.   [b054]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 04:15:49 AM »
:D I got that message today as I was fixing to do yet another caption. I've been having fun with that, and did not know there was a 20 per day rule. So now I have to wait til tomorrow to do any more captions.
Well I knew you'd step up to the next level in no time.  Having so much fun, are ya?  Is that a 24 hour restriction?  [cheerleader]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 04:24:22 AM »
So now I have to wait til tomorrow to do any more captions.

Actually, no. You should be able to begin posting captions again in a few minutes.  :)  And as soon as I finish perfecting it, the error will actually tell you how long you have until you can begin posting again...

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 04:37:05 AM »
 :)Well that will be helpful. I knew I'd posted some captions last night, and a few this morning and wondered when I could do some more.

Yeah Jackie I made it to full poster but it appears that it takes over 600 posts to make it to senior, so that will be a while coming.

Alondra

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 06:00:11 AM »
Oh, boy. Am I dumb. Thank you, Midnight. We're in business again!

Oh no, not at all.  Accidents happen.  Glad you got the board listings back.   [smiley_compress] (collapsing smiley)