Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1033  (Read 749 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1033
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:50:38 PM »
Robservations #1033

(This ep marks the final appearance of Lisa Richards on DS. Farewell...)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1033
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:51:33 AM »
We got a little bit of ordinary life today: Elizabeth taking Sabrina to a concert.  Chamber music, maybe.  And, as happens too often at concerts, neither of them could pay much attention because they both were worried about something - Sabrina about two somethings, Cyrus and her missing wallet.  Which one was distracting her more?

Hoffman snuck a little niggling doubt about Barnabas into Elizabeth's mind - until Elizabeth had her dream, and even believed it was true.  I've never in a life had a dream that I believed was true, not even the dream in which a friend of mine was a mass murderer.  I thought Elizabeth's dream was a pretty paltry one, as Dark Shadows dreams go, and yet she went dashing off to Barnabas to tell him she had changed her mind on the strength of it.  Paltry dreams for paltry people, I guess.  And that's mean of me, because this Liz did manage to pull Maggie back from the brink.

The afghan was on sofa in the Old House drawing room again today, and once again it wasn't used.  I was sure Elizabeth was going to faint or something when she went over there, but she didn't.  I don't know, maybe today's and yesterday's appearances were in the afghan's contract.

Sabrina's death bothers me.  I remembered it was going to happen sometime, and I wasn't looking forward to it. Poor thing, she asked very little of life and she got even less.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:23:20 PM »
So, so many of the deaths on DS are tragic simply because the people who die don't in any way deserve to die.  [ghost_sad]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 11:43:57 PM »
Sabrina’s suit dress – it reminded me of the days before digital television when I’d be watching a black and white film on a color TV – those wavy lines… Just hurt to watch.

Liz to self: Hoffman is right. Barnabas IS a little strange.
YA THINK?!!

As much as her hair looked like shrubbery, I don’t think Sabrina deserved to die.

Barnabas: Not even the jaw of the wolf is more devastating than this cane.
You ought to know, Barnabas. You’ve clubbed Willie enough times with it.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:31 PM »
As much as her hair looked like shrubbery, I don’t think Sabrina deserved to die.

That's big of you!

Barnabas: Not even the jaw of the wolf is more devastating than this cane.

Yeah, Barnabas, what's so hot about your precious cane?   Is it your sonic screwdriver or something?   Did he grab it when briefly in RT, or is this a mistake?   I'm pretty sure he didn't have it when entering PT the first time.

You can always tell when someone's hiding something on DS and on much of TV; he/she turns and walks away a few steps, with her/his back to the other person.   It would be odd if someone did that to me, not to mention very suspicious.

I can't see Yaeger standing in line patiently for hours at the main NYC post office, to ask for his "general delivery" package of suits.   **   Maggie almost escaped on the [spoiler]Stairway Through Time![/spoiler] What happened to her plan of pretending to go on a luxury holiday with JY?   Why pick the lock?   Leave him at the check-in counter at the Ritz, or something.   Well, her story wouldn't impress Q much at that point, would it?    She went off with a guy to a luxury hotel... and escaped!!!   Take her back, Quentin!!

Did Sabrina follow JY in another car?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor