Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0269  (Read 719 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0269
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »
Robservations - #269

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0269

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 07:19:43 PM »
After the shock of her near-death experience, Elizabeth clings to Vicki, who brings her back to the Great House. Not long after, Elizabeth has regained enough of her strength and resilience to defy Jason when he wants to put the ring on her finger before the wedding. I'm sure Jason already thinks of himself as the Master of Collinwood.

Vicki and Burke nearly succeed in their plan to stop the wedding--but not quite, not quite....

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »
Thank goodness Vicki was able to bring Elizabeth back to her senses. But she shouldn't have just plunged like that after her in one quick, sudden, foolhardy move like that. It's a miracle that both women didn't go plunging off the cliff after that.

Jason thought of himself as as the Master of Collinwood from the day he arrived.

I'm glad that Burke was trying to help out by trying to put a halt to the wedding. Unfortunately his efforts were in vain as Elizabeth seems to have resigned herself that now that she can't commit suicide she has no choice but to marry Jason. I say just spill the beans already....no secret is horrible enough, not even murder, to be stuck with this money-draining rat for life.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 12:37:25 AM »
Jason thought of himself as as the Master of Collinwood from the day he arrived.

Very true!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:10:48 AM »
Interesting thought.  I was thinking today about how much effort Jason was putting into making this marriage he was forcing onto Elizabeth look like a love match, and wondering just a bit: Why bother?  Remembering DarkLady’s suggestions in the episode 243 discussion about possible post-nup activities for Jason, I imagined him feigning heartbroken innocence as he gaslighted Liz into Windcliff (where, of course, Julia would shine a flashlight into Liz's eyes as she forced her to say her name: Elizabeth Collins Stoddard McGUIRE).  But maybe Jason is simply enjoying the fantasy.  He's such a kid at heart!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
Death is masculine in the VoiceOver. The two women look so much alike in these scenes. Vickie points out that her employer has made her own prison and been her own executioner.  Vickie points out that while there is life there is always hope as Willie did to the hopeless Maggie not long ago. We learn much more of Jason's past which is not surprising.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times