Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0331  (Read 2274 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0331
« on: July 02, 2007, 08:39:03 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0331
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 12:56:37 AM »
This is a great show. David is saying to much, and Julia not saying enough. David  is always doing things that he is told not to do. When will  he ever learn. I don't think for awhile.  Julia should know that she can't lie about somethings to Barnabas, he will always find out. Then he will be very very mad.

Spoiler:
The ending of this show is great. I wonder what would have happened if Julia hadn't showed up, What is Vickie would have gone with her.  That would have been really hard to explain.

You can just feel the evil coming out of Barnabas, Jonathan did great.

How many people saw the pole for the fake bat on the wall. It happened both times. on Fridays and Mondays show.

(edited by mod.)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 01:01:07 AM »
I just realized I mushed two shows together. Sorry about that. The ending is about 332 sorry about that. These are great shows i watched one right after the other. I know that I am bad.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:59:17 AM »
These days, every time I look at David's bedroom, it seems to me that it's supposed to be in a lower floor of the tower.  So far I haven't come across any mention of this.  Does anybody know if that was the original intention?

I was impressed with Sharon Smyth's performance today.  Granted, either she or David Henesy flubbed a line (it's not clear to me which one did the original flubbing and which one failed to adjust to the flubbing) but she had the right Sarah-feeling about her.  Incidentally, David asked an interesting question: how did Sarah know that David had been to the Old House?  She said she just knew, but it still seemed strange.

I liked the conversation in the Old House living room between Barnabas and Roger.  Roger came across as a sensible, caring person.  It's not the way I usually think of him.  I guess that Barnabas brings out the best him.  No wonder Roger refuses to believe the terrible things David says about Barnabas.

How many people saw the pole for the fake bat on the wall. It happened both times. on Fridays and Mondays show.
I didn't see it.  That sort of thing has to be glaringly obvious before I see it.  I saw some moving shadows on the wall and thought to myself, "Aha!  Maybe I actually noticed a boom shadow for once!"  But then as I watched the credits for today's show, I decided that what I had been seeing was the shadow of a mobile moving in the breeze that was coming in through the closed window.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 10:03:40 AM »
I saw it!  It was still scary, though!  I felt sorry for David when the adults failed to believe him. [sadg] I was happy that Dr. Woodard was on his side, though. [cheer]

Once again, Roger let Barnabas know what was happening.  Roger talks too much!  [sssh] Barnabas was happy that his plan was working. [whew]

I agree that this was a great show and I also agree with Lydia that Sarah and David did a great job today. [bigok]  I think Sharon Smyth (Sarah) was the one who had trouble with her lines, and David said one of the lines first to prompt her.  It was cute to see David helping her - he was talking to her in such a way so she could say what she needed to say. They had a great rapport with each other. [thumb]

I like David's mobile. [cheesyg] I noticed the mobile moving and making a shadow on the wall a few times, too.  I used to have a mobile when I was a kid. [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 02:02:50 PM »
I too like the scenes between David and Sarah. Sarah is playing both sides....she won't expose Barnabas yet she doesn't want to see David harmed either. I love that while Sarah may love Barnabas enough not to expose him, she will do what she has to protect the ones he has already struck fear into.

Yes, David really SHOULD stay away from the Old House since he's so terrified of Barnabas so much....if he feels Barnabas wants to kill him, why make the job easier by breaking into the house and giving him the opportunity?

Where is Burke? Considering how suspicious of Barnabas he was, I'd have a feeling he'd be the one to give David the benefit of the doubt. I think Dr. Woodard is starting to now, though, too, since David told him about Sarah declaring Willie's innocence and considering Sarah's track record of knowing things, child or no child, she is definitely a most reliable source.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 05:05:58 PM »
I think Burke would be a good person for David to talk to.   But he would mess it up by talking to Vickie.  She would have put a stop to it and also told Barnabas.  Have you ever really noticed how ignorant that people can be on Soap Opera's

I think David just wanted someone to say that they believed him.

Julia is certainly a multi tasker. It would be really great to know what Liz really thought. We never really find out.  It would be great the read the thought of Elizabeth Collins Stoddard. ;)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 07:25:23 PM »
This is one of those episodes that had several publicity photos taken during it. There are some of Liz and David on the bed during their talk, as well as ones from Barnabas and Roger's scene - but, strangely, I can't seem to recall ever seeing any from the bat attack sequence, which is the most pivotal scene in the episode, and that's usually the type of scene they tended to memorialize. Though maybe that's because there was no way to hide the string/stick.  [wink2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 06:01:52 AM »
I sometimes wonder about Barnabas' seeming ease in accepting what he finds in the 20th Century.  He never has any "wow" moments concerning electricity, automobiles or even ladies' high skirts.  Today, I found myself wondering if he understood what Roger meant when he said he might send David to a psychiatrist.  Did such a term exist in the late 18th Century, long before the time of Freud? 

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »
I'm sure Barnabas knew what a psychiatrist was.  After all, he's been associating with Julia for 40 episodes.  Anyway, he's had a lot of time during the wee hours of the night  (that is, when Sheriff Patterson or some such person wasn't dropping by to pass the time of day) to find out what the 20th century is like.  We always see him reading old books, but that's in the living room.  In his coffin, with the lid down and the nightlight on, he reads more modern literature.  And after enough handling, the Playboys would fall apart so he would have to turn to other stuff.

It still strikes me odd, however, when Barnabas talks about genetic structure and radioactivity later on in the series.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
I think Sharon Smyth (Sarah) was the one who had trouble with her lines, and David said one of the lines first to prompt her.  It was cute to see David helping her - he was talking to her in such a way so she could say what she needed to say.
Does anybody remember if this scene was shown at this year's Fest, prompting the following remark from Sharon Smyth, as recorded by ProfStokes?

Both had positive things to say about David Henessy.  ("He was very generous.  Did you see how he was helping me with my lines?" Sharon recalled, referring to a clip of David and Sarah that had just played).

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »
Does anybody remember if this scene was shown at this year's Fest, prompting the following remark from Sharon Smyth, as recorded by ProfStokes?

Yes, a clip from that ep was shown; it began with David already holding the toy soldier.  The scene also inspired Kathy Cody to remark that David was often in bed.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
Thanks, Midnite!