Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0050  (Read 1735 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0050
« on: September 10, 2011, 02:53:35 PM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0050
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 05:22:55 PM »
Vicki and Carolyn meet on Widows' Hill. The breeze is strong enough to blow the girls' hair around, but the shrubbery around them never stirs.

David writes "DEATH" on Vicki's mirror and is forced to confess that he did it and not the widows. Carolyn loses her watch, and she and Vicki go to Widows' Hill to look for it. When David asks Elizabeth where Vicki is going and she tells him, he says triumphantly, That's not what she'll find! She'll find DEATH!

Sadly, Bill Malloy is no longer missing.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 05:30:35 PM »
Roger makes another snide reference to the fact that Elizabeth hasn't left Collinwood in eighteen years. He declares he had important things to do and reveals that he drove to Bill's house but didn't find him at home.

I suppose I’m just quibbling when I remark that the body at the foot of the cliff is wearing a light-colored raincoat, as opposed to the dark one we never saw Bill Malloy without in life.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »
Vickie leaves the house to go to Widow's Hill in a filmed exterior shot.  There she meets up with Carolyn who says there are Ghost's everywhere.  Then there is a beautiful shot of the water below.  Then there is the "Death Sequence" that Dark Lady mentions, and finally it culminates in Vickie screaming as a body bobs in the water.  A well thought out script.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:36:57 AM »
ECS says "Go on." to Roger's explanation of The Meeting with a tired expression saying, "I have to stand here and listen, but not one word will be true."

Poor Bill.  I wonder who "played" him, here.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
Don’t know what Roger’s choice in spirits are. Could be scotch, could be bourbon. Whatever it is, I wouldn’t think it would go too well with chicken salad and milk. Ugh!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »
Roger is probably well past the point where he would notice such trifles.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 10:26:41 PM »
David writes "DEATH" on Vicki's mirror and is forced to confess that he did it and not the widows.
Did David actually admit to writing on Vicky's mirror?  I don't think he did, any more than he admitted to taking the bleeder valve out of his father's car or breaking his aunt's teacup.  There always remains the possibility that David didn't do any of these things.  It's a very slim one, but it's available to the writers.

Incidentally, I noticed that we never did see the mirror after David set out to erase "DEATH" from it.  I had my doubts as to whether he could reach that high without a stool.  And then when Vicky was doing some more erasing, we didn't see the mirror either.  What was used to write "DEATH"?

Roger seemed quite happy when he came home.  I assume he had been drinking rather than going out to see Bill Malloy's cousins, whom he probably could have telephoned.  I suppose he would figure Elizabeth wouldn't bother to check his story, or else maybe he's drunk a little too much too care.

Joe gave Carolyn a watch for her sixteenth birthday.  It looked like a nice one, from what little we saw of it.  I'm surprised he had the money to buy her a nice watch.  By the way, was it for her sixteenth birthday that Roger gave Carolyn the ring that she accidentally on purpose left with Burke?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »
The frame grab in the Robervations for this episode makes it look as if "DEATH" is written in lipstick of some light shade. Nothing will dissuade me from believing David did it--it seems too childish for three widows, just not their style.

I'm betting that Elizabeth paid for those fancy "sweet sixteen" birthday presents.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »
Poor Bill.  I wonder who "played" him, here.
Some dummy.  [ghost_wink]

Bob Lloyd has been announcing the premieres of ABC shows, though the only ones I recall watching back then were Love on a Rooftop (with Pete Duel) and The Green Hornet.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 11:33:39 PM »
I don't remember Love on a Rooftop but we were Green Hornet fans!  [ghost_grin]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 12:10:55 AM »
Loved Green Hornet!

I knew another show was named that I watched too-- just remembered it was The Milton Berle Show.