Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0517  (Read 1226 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0517
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0517
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »
Poor Alexandra Moltke.  She got her only chance (if I remember correctly) to be something other than good and wholesome today when she was Sam's Beckoner, and we barely saw her as she did it.  She was very much in the shadows.  That can't be pure chance.

I wasn't impressed with David Ford's acting in the Dream.  The Dream came across as a pretty unremarkable nightmare, not the terrifying experience it is supposed to be.

I'm pleased - albeit surprised - to see that Cassandra has finally acted sensibly.  She saw Professor Stokes break the Dream chain, and now she has seen Sam Evans in danger of dying before he can pass the Dream on, and therefore she is now avoiding further risk by sending the dream to Vicky so that it can be passed on to Barnabas as soon as possible.  Bravo, Cassandra!  If only she could be as pragmatic all the time, think how uneventful the lives of the Collinses would be!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:11:57 PM »
I think Cassandra made a mistake burdening Sam with the dream while he was hospitalized. I think he actually could have recovered if Cassandra hadn't panicked and made him have the dream as soon as possible. We never heard that he WAS dying before he had the dream...the torture of the dream, I think made his condition worse than before to the point that he does wind up dying.

Couldn't Cassandra have made someone else have the dream? Couldn't she have made Vicki? I know Sam was the last beckoner, but I don't see why Cassandra couldn't have changed the rules a bit...unless she still isn't that advanced in her powers.

I was glad to see Joe and Maggie make up.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 12:34:46 AM »
the dream curse made for a cool storyline but cassandra didn't really gain anything by having everybody in collinsport suffer from it...mostly people she didn't even know at this point.

besides barnabas she needed two other people to have it in order to fulfill her twisted goals.maggie because she looked like josette and vicki because she wanted the girl barnabas was in love with to be his destroyer.if needling vicki(and making her suffer for her virtuousness)was an incidental by-product so much the better because angelique didn't do enough to torment vicki in 1795 so why not throw her a bone in the present.

but having people like julia and willie and jeff suffer from the effects of the dream really only thwarted her goals in the long run because it ended up taking too long and other things got in the way.but again it made for great storytelling.

they imployed a little emotional device with vicki in this episode that they used when she thought she had found "peter's" grave in the cemetary...they stuck these hard glycerin tears to the sides of her face to make it look like she had been "crying".i can't recall them doing this with anyone else.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 12:35:43 AM »
The doctors didn't know if Sam would live or die (according to Willie) and declared his condition critical.  But they didn't have MRI or CT scan technology to see what damage had been done, and since Sam was smacked in the head by someone with superhuman strength, it's my guess that he was doomed.  Cassandra blinded him, used his fear of dying to terrorize him, then postponed his death only as it suited her immediate need, but I think Adam is totally responsible for killing him.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:14:45 AM »
I used to think that it was Adam who killed Sam.  But, after watching this episode again, I believe it was Angelique who killed him. Sam appeared to be getting better until Cassandra/Angelique made him have that dream. One of the many reasons why I hate her! [ghost_mad]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 02:33:58 PM »
I always believed, and still do, that the dream winded up killing Sam...so yes, Cassandra is the one who was responsible for his death.

Not saying it absolves Adam from hitting him, but the difference is, Adam never really meant any harm to Sam. Cassandra/Angelique, on the other hand, knew exactly what she was doing when she forced him to have the dream.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
But Cassandra didn't mean to kill Sam!  His death at that point was inconvenient to her.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 05:12:03 PM »
But Cassandra didn't mean to kill Sam!  His death at that point was inconvenient to her.

Yes, it was inconvenient to her, and I don't doubt she didn't want him to die (at least not until after he told Vicki the dream) but nevertheless I still feel that her inflicting the dream on him after his accident sped up his death.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 08:55:54 PM »
Her blame would belong the lines of someone who makes a drunken driving mistake and hits someone, I guess.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor