Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1127  (Read 711 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1127
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:28:03 AM »
Robservations #1127

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1127

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 04:48:36 AM »
Desmond returns to find the body gone and Tim dead. Mainly offscreen so not to pay an actor as usual. Desmond now for some unexplained reason is not under the thrall of the head and has an axe to destroy it but it has left Rose Cottage. Desmond asks Leticia if she took the head. As Desmond is going around looking for the head it seems like they have added a fall to his hair to make it even poofier.
Samantha and Gabe are doing what they do best and fighting with each other. She warns him away from Tad Samantha wants to see Gerard and they hug. She has made no decision yet. They kiss and she pledges her love. Samantha then meets with Q And Gerard and the moment that has been building up for a couple days is about to happen. The show ends. Who will she choose? 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:00:45 AM »
Desmond has lost his head! In more ways than one.

He goes to Rose Cottage to try to chop it up, like Joan Crawford in Strait Jacket. But it's gone! Samantha is understandably shaken to see Desmond in the main room with a hatchet. Desmond claims that he was just chopping wood. Yeah, he's certainly dressed for it. Wouldn't that be a servant's job anyway?
Much expository dialogue between Quentin and Desmond establishing Judah Z as the new big bad.
Too much screen time is given to the domestic triangle between Samantha, Gerard and Quentin. This is a story that would work a lot better on another soap. We don't know any of these characters very well and I, for one, felt no emotional investment in any of them.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 04:36:58 PM »
I'm beginning to think that Pennock has the meatiest role in 1840. I am wondering if he ever gets out of the house.

I think Desmond no longer being under the influence might be due to the fact that he has served his purpose in releasing the body of JZ from it's confines.

At this point I have totally forgotten Gerard's importance to the story line and how it translates into his 1970 haunting. I kinda wish he'd leave Collinsport with Samantha (I don't like Vestoff's acting or her character) and Tad and the series would end here. As a matter of fact, the more I rewatch this show the more I wish it would have ended with the original intended death of Barnabas at the hands of Dr. Hoffman. And honestly, I could do without the Barnabas story line all together.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 05:30:01 PM »
Tell us what you really feel about Barnabas, dom!!  [snow_wink]  [snow_laugh]

And I totally agree with you about Pennock and Gabriel. I may have mention this one or twice, but I never liked Jeb -  and I was pretty much indifferent to Cyrus/Yaeger and Sebastian. But once Gabriel came along I finally sat up and took notice of Pennock because he's so fantastic in the role. It is definitely the perfect pairing of actor and role.

But I'm afraid I must disagree about Vestoff and Samantha because I love the way Vestoff plays Samantha and I love Samantha's place in the storyline. Even given how much I love to watch Pennock/Gabriel, I wouldn't enjoy watching 1840 half as much without Vestoff/Samantha. Samantha is the perfect bitch, and she really hasn't even gotten started yet...

With characters like Gabriel and Samantha on hand, a perfect tag line for 1840 could easily be:

EMBRACE THE BITCH!!