Author Topic: Vicki's Ideal Guy  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Vicki's Ideal Guy
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 04:19:27 AM »
Of the three guys she was actually involved with, Frank, Burke and Peter/Jeff, I'd go with Frank. Why did they just take him out of the show with no explanation? He had [spoiler]moved from Bangor where he worked with his father to Collinsport to open a law practice. Then suddenly he's gone, they could have at least made up an excuse such as he had to return to Bangor for some reason.[/spoiler]

Burke was just too old for her, both Burkes. Anthony George was older than Jonathan Frid so if Barnabas was too old for her, so was Burke. Also his attitude toward her was too parental, not like a lover but like a father. I didn't like that. And I felt they had no chemistry.

Jeff was a total gak. Peter was ok, but once he became Jeff GAK! I flat can't stand him.

After she returns from 1795 and I see how terrible Jeff is I want Barnabas, the human no longer vampire Barnabas to come and show her how he is the better man. I want him to win her heart without benefit of vampiric powers.

Alondra

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 04:42:49 AM »
Of the men who were interested in Vicki, I pick Frank Garner.  He was the right age, they communicated like two equals and he genuinely cared about her.  The other men cared too but some were way too old and overbearing with her.  Chronological age isn't as important IMO than their ability to relate to each other as equals.  Peter Bradford was great while still in 1795 but once he came to the present, I didn't like his obsession with himself so much and his inabilities or willingness to communicate with her.  Yes he had secrets but he could have come up with some explanations then the ones he kept giving Vicki.  Barnabas?  Yes he was interested in her but she wasn't interested in the same way.  Very much like Julia and Barnabas.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 05:01:28 AM »
Okay, I have accepted the fact Roger Davis is the least popular actor on the show so how about this.....instead of casting Davis as Peter Bradford, maybe they should have brought back Conrad Fawkes, who protrayed Frank Garner in the early days of the show in present time, as Peter. Then when Vicki returns to her own time, she could have sought out Frank and get reacquainted with him.

Come to think of it Vicki and Frank were kinda cute together. Pity they dropped him so suddenly and without explanation (but then he won't be the last character left in limbo),I felt there could have had real fireworks with a Burke/Vicki/Frank triangle.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 05:05:45 AM »

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 04:20:34 PM »
Conrad Fawkes, who protrayed Frank Garner
That would be Conard.

(smile)

Conard Fowkes, and I'll bet this man has all his life had to correct people. "My name is Conard, not Conrad!" He might also wish that his name had been Conrad so he could have been spared this trouble.

Alondra