Author Topic: Which character would you love to give a good hard smack in the face?  (Read 5838 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Which character would you love to give a good hard smack in the face?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 02:07:23 AM »
Yes, and for me it would have happened early on when she was workin' the cure and he was evil. What a wonderfully tense moment that would have created in the scene. Barn probably would have choked the crap out of her.

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 02:19:18 AM »
Bruno 1970 - - - Just for having that incredible "Chateau Pimp of Hollywood" hair and wardrobe.  [cool9] His "I'll do anything" attitude makes me want to see him degraded in every possible way.  WHOOPS!  That would have to be a modern cable show, wouldn't it? [santa_evil]

Petofi,  with a "slap of his hand"

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 09:00:48 AM »
Both 1970PT Quentin & Maggie needed a good hard slap across the face. Quentin possibly with knuckles involved.

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned Abigail. I can't say I ever wanted to slap her, more like throttle.

Vicki deserved a good slap several times in 1795. If only to say "What the hell are you thinking saying this? SHUT UP and keep a LOW profile!"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 03:36:51 PM »
I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned Abigail.

Well I more or less said she did when I said that EVERYONE on the show deserved to be bitch-slapped at least once.   [santa_azn]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 04:14:10 PM »
I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned Abigail.

Well I more or less said she did when I said that EVERYONE on the show deserved to be bitch-slapped at least once.   [santa_azn]

True. But I'm thinking arashi probably meant a specific mention of Abigail - and possibly for specific reasons. Though it certainly includes her, "everyone" is a bit generic.  [santa_wink]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 07:37:17 PM »
one should never strike a child however...

david certainly tested my patience during the early barnabas storyline when he broke into the old house(after he had repeatedly been told not to)and encounters maggie done up a la josette collins and fancies her a "ghost".

not only was this clearly not an appparition but a flesh and blood person it was also a girl david knew well and also knew was missing.

now i realize we are supposed to see this scene through the fanciful perspective of an "imaginative child" but it comes across as ridiculous.it's also another case of the writers trying to make david act younger than he was.while this type of fantasy might be reasonably understandable coming from a four year old one would hope an intelligent child of ten would be able to make this differentiation.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

David

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 07:50:12 PM »
Angelique and Julia both!
Then I'd direct them both to the nearest 12 step meeting!

And Abigail.
Rev Trask
Gregory Trask
Gerard

David

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 06:08:29 PM »
one should never strike a child however...
I would also agree in most cases. But if I had to deal with that little homicidal maniac (still talking about the early version) I would have either slapped him with my hand or slapped him into a straight jacket.  [santa_cheesy]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 05:30:44 AM »
Vicki deserved a good slap several times in 1795. If only to say "What the hell are you thinking saying this? SHUT UP and keep a LOW profile!"

[8_2_74]

YOu took the words out of my mouth.  Have been watching those eps lately, and had a LOOOONG session on IM with some friends griping about that very thing.

Vicky, in post lobotomy mode.

[santa_evil]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 06:03:18 AM »
Well.. yeah, I think the same thing... but we would require some adjustment time ourselves.     If we really found ourselves in 1795... really... it would be a hell of a lot more jarring and hard to take in than it was for Victoria I think.     Sure, you can see there's a pattern, in one character after another looking like familiar people, but you don't get used to something THAT crazy very fast.    You don't start expecting it.     You don't get blase, and think, oh sure, that guy looks just like Maggie's father, big deal...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 07:36:10 AM »
The longer it's been since I've watched 1795, the more convinced I become that Vicky believed, while she was there, that she was in a dream, and so it made dreamlike sense to say, "Hey, Joe, what are you doing in that yummy uniform?" and so on.  I might change my mind if I went back and watched it again.

Something that has started to interest me recently is the question of how Sarah managed to propel Vicky back into the past.  That's some serious power that Sarah wielded there, and I wouldn't have expected her to be able to pull it off.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 09:14:43 AM »
However, it makes perfect sense to me that Sarah, in a seance, would have been able to inhabit Victoria, and put her through a sort of time-compressed dream, taking her personally through the whole story of how Barnabas came to be, as if she'd been there herself.    Sarah would have thought this was a story that had to be told for the sake of everyone involved, to stop further murders, and to make Victoria and perhaps the Collinses aware of what a good man Barnabas started out as, so they could not judge him too harshly.    I think it's very possible that this was the original intent.

Sarah just exchanging one governess for another across a couple centuries makes no sense.   (I don't know the latter half of 1795 or 1968 though.)   My little theory doesn't account for the governess-swap though.    A dream during a possession wouldn't account for Miss Whoever popping into Victoria's seat in 1967.

This scenario would have led to Barnabas's rehabilitation as a protagonist whose past was known and forgiven by some of the "present-day" characters, at least... more than just Julia.... this may have been considered too much to expect from the family.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 09:52:37 AM »
Hallie Frickin' Stokes!!!
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2006, 10:04:16 AM »
Hallie Frickin' Stokes!!!

[a395]

Is that with or without the grapes in her hair?  Or was that Carrie?  [santa_rolleyes]

Judy

[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 06:06:01 AM »
Well.. yeah, I think the same thing... but we would require some adjustment time ourselves. If we really found ourselves in 1795... really... it would be a hell of a lot more jarring and hard to take in than it was for Victoria I think. Sure, you can see there's a pattern, in one character after another looking like familiar people, but you don't get used to something THAT crazy very fast. You don't start expecting it. You don't get blase, and think, oh sure, that guy looks just like Maggie's father, big deal...

This is an excellent point, Magnus. Vicki might have seemed completely mad to keep spouting off how much everyone looked like people she knew, but honestly, we the viewers were able to see her predicament from the outside, only experiencing her shock and bewilderment vicariously. And after all, she, unlike us, didn't have the daily reminder recited to her, "A seance has been held at the great house of Collinwood...the faces are the same, but the names and relationships have changed..."  [santa_grin]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"