Author Topic: Ms. Barrett's/Charity's/Pansy's Dramatic Lines  (Read 3680 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:Ms. Barrett's/Charity's/Pansy's Dramatic Lines
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2003, 10:20:26 PM »

She also commented that Grayson had changed her date of birth on her driver's license.  Nancy added the laughing comment:  "You have to be Grayson Hall to be able to get away with things like that!"

Steve

heehee What a woman  [clap]I love Grayson' stories![bigok]

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2003, 07:15:08 AM »
She said on that occasion that although she and Grayson had very few scenes together on Dark Shadows, she would never forget Grayson's friendship or her wonderful hospitality.

That seems amazing.  While I'm sure she didn't have as many scenes with Grayson as with some of the others, I can think of all sorts of interactions between them in all of their various characters.  I can't imagine that she wouldn't have more recollection of working with her.
Josette

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2003, 05:44:45 AM »
I have to agree with everyone (and Grayson Hall) about Nancy's powerhouse performances. I think she is the only DS actor that I have never seen fluff a line once. I also happen to love her hair as Pansy Faye!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Ms. Barrett's/Charity's/Pansy's Dramatic Lines
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 06:20:04 AM »
While Nancy may have the proper age to play the ingenue during Dark Shadows, she was always a character actress.  [snow_cheesy]
Fade Away and Radiate

IluvBarnabas

Re: Ms. Barrett's/Charity's/Pansy's Dramatic Lines
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 12:07:03 AM »
Also unfortunately ...
This is really the last of where Ms. Barrett gets to 'star', if I'm not mistaken, all her roles from here on in are quite under what we'd like to see :-

I have to disagree. I thought Nancy was great as Leticia Faye. Some have said that she was nothing more than a retread of Pansy, and while there were similarities Nancy still put in her all in that role and she was terrific. I also thought she did a great job as Melanie.