Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #361 -- DS Festival 50th: Hotel info  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #361 -- DS Festival 50th: Hotel info
« on: July 02, 2015, 06:06:28 AM »
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 361
July 1, 2015

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

**** SHADOWGRAM PREMIERE ANNOUNCEMENT:
DS FESTIVAL 50TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION  - JUNE 24-26, 2016

ANNOUNCING:
HOTEL DISCOUNT SLEEPING ROOM RESERVATION INFORMATION –
SPECIFIC CODE + SLEEPING ROOM RATE PER NIGHT

ShadowGram is happy to release the first announcement about hotel sleeping rooms at the Tarrytown Doubletree Hotel for the Dark Shadows Festival’s “DS 50th Anniversary Celebration” over the anniversary weekend – June 24-26, 2016.

The hotel asks ShadowGram to please inform everyone:

“In order to make a sleeping room reservation, you must stay a minimum of 2 nights.”

“One-night stays are not available at this hotel for this special event.”

To make a reservation, you must call the hotel’s direct phone: 1-914-631-5700 and ask for Reservations.

To receive the special DS Festival reduced sleeping room rate when making a reservation, you MUST mention the special CODE – DS1.

The reduced sleeping room rate when using the code is $159.00 (+ tax) per night.

All Fest programming on Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26 will take place at the Doubletree Hotel.

The Tarrytown Doubletree Hotel is located at 455 S. Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591.

Tarrytown is approximately 25 miles north of Midtown Manhattan on the eastern shore of the Hudson River.

Saturday-Sunday activities will include our DS cast/crew guests in audience Q&A sessions and possible onstage live performances. The guests also will be available during the Fest for autographs and photo opportunities.

Special programming is under consideration and development, including possible unique and premiere screenings, presentations, and more.   

The DS Festival Marketplace will feature and offer a vast variety of items, available for purchase across a wide price range.

Items will include DS photos, ShadowGrams, books, and other publications: DS magnets and key chains; Big Finish DS audio dramas; MPI’s DS episode DVD Collections and special video releases; DS-themed clothing, décor, and accessories; DS calendars; collectibles; and much more.

On Friday, June 24, fans are welcome to visit the historic Lyndhurst Estate, where the 2 theatrical DS movies – HOUSE OF DS (1970) and NIGHT OF DS (1971) – were filmed on location. The movies starred members of the daytime TV series re-creating their TV roles or playing new characters. Tours of the stately mansion will be available. 

Lyndhurst is about 1 mile from the Doubletree Hotel. Fans can walk, drive, carpool or share a taxi ride to and from the Estate. Lyndhurst, 635 S. Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10951.

See recent SG Online Updates and the new Triple SG #124-#125-#126 print newsletter for more information about this milestone Celebration event.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #361 -- DS Festival 50th: Hotel info
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
Woo hoo - strike up the band!  The news I've been waiting for - I am soooooo excited! [ghost_grin]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:03:34 AM »
I missed out on the con rates but I just booked my room. SO EXCITED! First con since 2007!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »
Got the reservation in....apparently just in time too! I don't even remember what year my last fest was...but I know it was Tarrytown. I have been trying to get back to one forever it seems. I made up my mind that I would definitely make this one. I like that area too and always felt I would like to see more of it than I did the other time. With all the time to plan we may take a trip to NYC afterward. So exciting!

“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad