Author Topic: Terry Crawford after 1897  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Terry Crawford after 1897
« on: April 08, 2010, 04:07:27 PM »
Was it ever mentioned why Terry Crawford wasn't brought back in the present time until 1840?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Crawford after 1897
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »
Since she was cast in a small role in HoDS during that time, maybe there just wasn't an available part for her during the year she was off the show?

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:35:21 PM »
If I remember correctly, she was allowed to leave, still under contract, to shoot "Sam's Song" with Robert De Niro. Her contract ran for two years and she was called back for 1840.  I used to keep in contact with her, and I'm pretty sure that's what she told me. 

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:48:59 AM »
Do you know what she is up to these days The Doctor and K9! I wish she would come back to the fests!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
I used to see her when she was in Atlanta. My wife and I would visit on our way up or back from our drive to RI. I also used to talk to her on the phone from time to time. She moved to NY briefly in the early 90s I think, then to Geneva. Neither of us wrote letters much, so we lost touch after that.  She was involved with a program to further rights for disabled people worldwide, if I remember correctly. I was pretty much out of DS fandom from 1992 to 2006. Prior to 92, I'd been to every fest except for 90, the year I got married (20th anniversary this July). I don't know how many fests she's been to since then.  I do know she was not at the '06 or 08 fests; I attended those.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »
Wasn't Sam's Song made during the 1897 storyline and while she was still playing Beth?  Sources consistently date the film as 1969 (which totally makes sense within the context of DeNiro's career), and Beth's final appearances were taped in late October, which was very nearly the end of the 1897 story anyway.  But in the movie, the trees aren't bare in the park, and would Crawford and DeNiro be running on a beach, jumping into a swimming pool, and yachting in NYC even at the end of October?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 05:54:22 PM »
I think her last Fest was Brooklyn/2003, and she made it because her original travel plans fell through.  It was unfortunate for her ministry but fortunate for us, because it made her available to record "Return to Collinwood."

I wish she could make it back too, Taeylor.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 04:54:46 AM »
there really didn't seem to be a role available for crawford in 1969/1970 "present time". i guess the writers could have come up with something but it seemed like a full house with oldsters like nicholas blair and so forth showing up.

still terry was gorgeous and it's a shame we only got to see her in period costume. it would have been fun to see her in a fall and a mini.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

David

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
I know Terrayne quite well and still speak to her. We became very close friends when we both lived in NYC in the 90s, though we both live elsewhere now.
I've spoken to her within the past month.

She actually did Sam's Song before DS. Prior to that film, she had done musical theatre and many national TV commercials.
During her run as Beth, she was also in school studying to be a therapist. She was planning to leave showbiz and told me that Edith Collins was the last role she intended to play.
The last episode she did paid for part of her move to Atlanta.
She did do a few small parts in Atlanta here and there, but was no longer pursuing acting.

In New York in the 90s she got involved in human rights work, which she still does.
She said she'd come to a fest again if asked, but Jim P hasn't invited her of late, so I suggest requesting to Jim that she be brought to Burbank this year.

She's a dear friend and I love her.
I last saw her in New York in 2003, right before we both moved. On Hallowen night of that year, Terrayne & I went to a screening of the 1933 King Kong!

David

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 07:25:15 AM »
I appreciate everything Jim Pierson has done but sometimes I don't get his thinking!   But anyways....
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 02:02:16 PM »
Given that Terry Crawford was in 1897 for a few months longer after Marie Wallace's character was written out, I am surprised they didn't offer TC the part of Megan Todd.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 05:33:53 PM »
Curtis wanted Marie Wallace to play Megan from the start, even at the objection of the writers (Gordon Russell, anyway, as Marie says in her book, but he came around after he saw her in the role), but of course DC ruled (which I mean in the literal sense).

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 05:43:43 PM »
terry crawford is one of the reasons i like to watch the 1897 story line.   loved Beth Chavez.    and i love Edith Collins as well.  shame she didn't do more for the show.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 07:37:33 PM »
Wasn't Sam's Song made during the 1897 storyline and while she was still playing Beth?  

It could be. I don't really remember the conversation clearly.  I do remember that she left, still under contract and that's why she was recalled for 1840. I believe that was also reported in an interview published in a fanzine.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 11:03:18 PM »
Did they want a new actress to play Megan?

[ghost_tongue]
Curtis wanted Marie Wallace to play Megan from the start, even at the objection of the writers (Gordon Russell, anyway, as Marie says in her book, but he came around after he saw her in the role), but of course DC ruled (which I mean in the literal sense).